Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started watching 'Diggers' some of the 'digs' they do are dumb like getting the back hoe or finding the Nazi plane episode was silly. Yes their antics are ridiculous (humping trees was a good observation), that being said when it's winter and you can't dig the show gets me cranked up to go dirt fishin'. Yes I watch too many videos of metal detecting on youtube as well. I just prefer to lounge on the couch with a bag of cheetos. :) is the show staged? sure, are they compete idiots? yup, do they give a bad name to metal detectorists? yuppo. But I will still watch the show they get me excited to do my own thing when spring/summer shows up. (and they teach me what not to do) anyhoo back to my cheetos. Cheers for now.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya what do you think the reaction would be if any one of us were even NEAR a historical spot with our detectors, a pick axe plus a back hoe? They wouldn't put you IN the jail they would put you UNDER it! JMO!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The difference here was The land owner probably supplied the Back Hoe.

Reminded me of When we first started searching the United Flight 624 Site ,
And were told where the main Wreckage was buried, & could dig it up if we wanted. :tongue3:

Of course odds are he was full of BS on us being allowed & Knew we'd laugh it off

However if we had been backed by a Production Co.
My guess it would have Happened :laughing7:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't like the show. I think their antics are absurd. That said however, as long as they portray metal detecting the right way(covering holes, getting permission, taking out all trash, etc) then I guess the p.r. is a good thing. 3 young adults have already approached me and said how cool metal detecting was and if I knew the guys personally from the show diggers(people really have no clue). So I guess it's ok. I do however love DrTones24k on YouTube. Those guys would make for a great tv show.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions