"Diggers" TV show...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now I'm starting to take it personal.

Just saw an article that proclaimed that they filmed an episode out in New Mexico on the Glorieta Unit of Pecos National Park.

One of my direct descendants fought there with Company B of the 7th Texas Mounted Volunteers under CPT Gustave Hoffman.

I'd give everything i own just to be able to do a volunteer dig at Glorieta/Pigeon's Ranch and help the NPS fill out their displays... It disappoints me that so many people don't even realize that the Civil War reached that far west, and now the biggest media exposure opportunity to do so goes to these two sissies?

Ugh.

It's funny timing, actually the misses and I are making the 11 hour drive here within the next month or so to see the newly dedicated Glorieta Battlefield Trail.

If I find evidence of ONE SINGLE HOLE not filled back in...! Haha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was a joke... Was that not clear? Haha

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a video recently of an interview the guys had with a Garrett rep and he is in the garrett family but name eludes me at the moment. Anyway the guys showed they seemed to be very genuine and talked of how they started this and started it because of all the fake videos on the market and internet. They have an on-sight archeologist who documents everything they do and they make sure everything is taken care of as far as the holes etc. The items they find are for the most part donated to the place they dug and only if the owners say take this or that for yourself do they actually keep it.
The other yahoos out there like Bill Ladd and Mr. Boom baby are nothing but jokes. Both have made a mockery of what we do by how they treat the items and the areas they dig. The dig fellas guys annoy the heck out of me with that ear bleeding accent and the way they dig and that will be seen as they way to do it since he has been on magazines and endorsing products. I didn't like the Nectar boys at first fearing the same as I just spoke of but after researching and watching their interviews I can see these two guys are on the up and up and not in it for the money like the others.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live very close to the Billy the Kid episode. I was upset other did not get invited on that dig. Could you imagine 100 detectors search the same area at the same time? The nectar boys has my wife making all kinds of fun at me, but the above post is right. They have one cute red headed Archy keeping it legit. You can check them out on the website. Bill was not received tonight when we pulled up one of his episodes on demand. Howad, Howad....lol.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if anyone got to dig there, I'm glad it was Diggers.

I don't remember seeing them walk up on a site with Spade shovels or army picks yet

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I'm starting to take it personal.

Just saw an article that proclaimed that they filmed an episode out in New Mexico on the Glorieta Unit of Pecos National Park.

One of my direct descendants fought there with Company B of the 7th Texas Mounted Volunteers under CPT Gustave Hoffman.

I'd give everything i own just to be able to do a volunteer dig at Glorieta/Pigeon's Ranch and help the NPS fill out their displays... It disappoints me that so many people don't even realize that the Civil War reached that far west, and now the biggest media exposure opportunity to do so goes to these two sissies?

Ugh.

It's funny timing, actually the misses and I are making the 11 hour drive here within the next month or so to see the newly dedicated Glorieta Battlefield Trail.

If I find evidence of ONE SINGLE HOLE not filled back in...! Haha
Jealous much? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These clowns r the last people I'd be jealous of. All there doing is makin them selfs look like idiots.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These clowns r the last people I'd be jealous of. All there doing is makin them selfs look like idiots.
Not of them...the PLACES they get to hunt.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's where the jealousy comes in.

No I'd like to see them go up with no money or camera and try tk get permission like everyone else has too. Just cuz someone has a different veiw It guess that means there jealous?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait for just a minute. Give the diggers guys some credit. They started the same way we have. They're normal guys and actually have been detecting little more than a decade. They bought DVDs about detecting ,watched videos and got tired of seeing the obvious planted items. They bought their own cameras and laptops and software and made their own videos and put them on YouTube and were discovered by a production company in my state. That production company is some little company so they did little in the way of throwing money around to get the good sites. The guys signed away a lot of rights to items just to be able to dig and show what they can do. Now after a couple seasons being under Nat. Geo. They're doing ok. I'm not going to fault someone for putting the work and time in and getting something out of it just because I didn't and you shouldn't either, its called envy. I do believe there's a little saying by a very important person who had this written..thou shalt not covet..its #10 in a list of ten and I here the author is a bit of a stickler about adhering to the rules. I'd be proud to shake Tim and Georges hand for pushing hard enough to get somewhere with their ideas and dreams plus they're darn good detectorists unlike some of the goofs that try to mimic them. Ppl like bill and howaaaaad should know better but yet there they are looking/acting like they got to the dig site on the short bus. Embarrassing to us is putting it mildly.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dig wars is the only metal detecting show I watch. The stupid things diggers do like hanging upside down in a tree, running like an idiot, and stupid sayings like juice, civ in the poc, that's just stupid. The you got haaawaard, I almost stabbed myself with a spoon after watching that show. But savage takes the cake on horrible shows( and I mean literally takes the cake and eats it) dig wars for me

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KS I'll agree I like dig wars too, was funny, informative and made me seriously want to pit my name in the hat some kind of way for a new season of it. How do these ppl get on these shows, is there a website im missing? Oh and yes roundness in the hole, nectar and juice is way over the top. I have fallen flat on my butt and remained dead silent after pulling up an 1816 T lock bayonet. If my Lyme disease didn't prevent me from running around like a chicken with my head cut off I probably would have and looked just like Tim or George.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bill ladd does tons of research, hes for real, unless theres something im missing.... no way I would label him with those other tv clowns!

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just can't stand the haaaawaaaard the guy says, nothing personal with him. I just can't stand the squeaking voice he has

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can't stand the haaaawaaaard the guy says, nothing personal with him. I just can't stand the squeaking voice he has

It definitely needs some Getting used to :laughing7:

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an interview with the dig fellars. They seemed like they were alright guys in the interview. I don't know why they have to be so corny on the show.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread