Digging into Pegmatite 3.

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I havent posted in awhile Ive recently moved. Plus my other pc took a dump. Now I live near Bautista canyon, Cahuilla mountain that area, (he he). Anyway tomorrow im gonna go check out a new area were theres a hell alot of pegmatite Temescal plut
on. (see photos.) Ill take pictures post them when I get back. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to go back to my spot after the rain, And this is what the rain did to the road so I dont know when I can get back up there I guess some time I,ll have to get a shovel and fix it. yo! 010.PNG yo! 011.PNG yo! 012.PNG

Upvote 0

MartyRocks

Dec 12, 2015
Nevada desert
Detector(s) used
None yet.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the main reason I traded in my car for a 4 wheel drive Jeep. Now I drive virtually anywhere here in the Nevada desert or mountains.

Before that I had to move a lot boulders, stones and dirt to fill in stuff like you have pictured above.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
OK so I went back yesterday I got out the shovel filled some of the gap in the road with rocks, Dirt. I just wanted to know if anyone knows what this material is in the pic,s with red highlight? Theres a lot of it were I was digging. also theres a pic of the only Aqua I saw for the day........Anyone? 20170212_153041.jpg 20170213_142545.jpg 67.jpg 8-) As you can see I got a new phone so my pictures are a lot better than they were.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
Also this Black material in the pictures Its the black layer in the one picture in the other Its the small dark spots. Its not Black Tourmaline, Anyone? 20170213_135702.jpg 20170212_153010.jpg 8-)

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some interesting stuff showing up in that area. In post 67 the outlined areas in pic's 1 and 2 appear to be quartz or quartzite material. The layering in the first picture occurred in a vug but did not fill in, the second occurred as a result of the same type of vugging filled in. Nice Aqua in the third~ you really should be finding some great stuff there.
In post 68 I'm guessing the black material may be either magnatite or a hornfel of some type. There does seem to be some cubit fracturing of the black material in the second picture. In the first picture I'm intrigued by the softer white material as it looks like there could be crystals hiding in it, note there appears to be a couple of tourmaline/smoky quartz crystals above in the harder matrix material. On the second picture there are some very fine thread like crystals, orange like the sharper crystals around them, that has me thinking I've seen this.... could be something to look into for ya. If I remember I'll get back. Mayhap someone else will recognize it.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK so I went back yesterday I got out the shovel filled some of the gap in the road with rocks, Dirt. I just wanted to know if anyone knows what this material is in the pic,s with red highlight? Theres a lot of it were I was digging. also theres a pic of the only Aqua I saw for the day........Anyone? View attachment 1414935 View attachment 1414936 View attachment 1414937 8-) As you can see I got a new phone so my pictures are a lot better than they were.

#1 Appears to be a quartz/chalcedony filling up fractures or cavities.
#2 Could be the same, perhaps bordering on graphic granite, which is common around pegmatites.
#3 Blue & Gemmy!! Possibly Aquamarine, considering the previous beryl finds. I'd totally try extract it.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also this Black material in the pictures Its the black layer in the one picture in the other Its the small dark spots. Its not Black Tourmaline, Anyone? View attachment 1414938 View attachment 1414939 8-)

The black stuff could be a multitude of things. Iron-/manganese oxides, Mica(biotite?), garnet, sphalerite...
A close-up of the vein would help. Hardness & streak test to.

Regarding the first image:
Personally the things on the top left corner - the black stuff - is something I'd examine.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
350 for the amethyst vug is a good price.

EU shines again :) with his gneiss!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
Well EU I was wondering at the bottom of the file were the maps with all the symbols are do these represent the pegmatite :( you can click on the pic): geol.png And did you find anything intresting in there as in maybe were theres more minerals located?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well EU I was wondering at the bottom of the file were the maps with all the symbols are do these represent the pegmatite :( you can click on the pic): View attachment 1417863 And did you find anything intresting in there as in maybe were theres more minerals located?

On page 15-16 the symbols are explained. :icon_thumleft:

Pegmatite dikes are especially common near the inferred center of the body.
Unusual minerals seem more common in the bigger, bulbous pegmatites. (See Page 6-7, pegmatite dikes)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wilfndgold1

May 28, 2016
san jacinto ca
Primary Interest:
Other
I went back out there today, Lasted about ten minutes. I made a rookie mistake with the hammer and chisel big quartz boulder rite next to my hand filled with sharp jagged quartz my hand sliped hit the rock I looked down there was blood everywere so I had to turn rite back around and go home. The first rock I looked at it had some small baryl crystals in it to, So I know I was on to something Grrr. I started seeing some Garnets to. I think EU was rite about the black stuff possibly being Garnets because Ive got pics of some black Garnets from that layer of black stuff I think. 8-) 060.jpg 061.jpg 062.jpg 064.jpg 069.jpg 072.jpg

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch!! Feel bad about the hand mate hope it gets fixed up soon for ya. All I can say is, and you probably know it, Gloves and Safety Glasses.
Looks that when you get back in action EU's points may have you fixed up for a honey hole. Best regards on mending. DD.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh my! Been there, done that. I always wear gloves these days when working a find. Learned the hard way.

Nice crystals! I'm not sure those are garnets, but they could be, funky shapes!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions