Dirt fishing clothes

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
I came across this vest today. Looks ideal for what we do. Built-in finds pockets, cell phone pocket, slip-ins for pin pointer, other pockets for notepad,GPS, smokes, beer. Here is a link: http://www.contractors-solutions.net/mobile/Blaklader-Roughneck-Kangaroo-Vest-P459.aspx They also have some really cool pants with built-in knee pads, which would be so much more comfortable than strapping around your knees.

Last edited:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Columbia Fishing Vest and it works for me and it was a lot cheaper ... :coins:

JMHO

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TSP: Here's my slant on that vest. I bet that would work awesome! So many pockets and a spot for everything. I like too have all of my gear in a certain spot so that I dont even have to think about where to find it; just put my hands on it instinctively. Its reasonably priced as well. I bet that thing is comfortable and super-functional, but here is the rub... it looks kind of dorky. Detectorists get enough of a bad rep and people giving us the hairy eyeball with us being too overly geeked-out-looking. Like I said, it looks like it'd be a really excellent piece of gear, but danged if it dont look goofy.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using a photographers vest for several years. You can find them used in thrift store or $29 -$69 in camera stores. Lots of pockets & straps on the shoulders to hold camera straps which are great for getting the headphone wire out of the way. Not to mention it's cool in the summer. The very best thing? I can walk into a store and no one stares at me like I'm from mars!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread