Dirty Harry (movie props)

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching a metal detecting video on Youtube and the guy found a security badge, So my wife brought up the Clint Eastwood character of Dirty Harry throwing his badge in the water and I noticed the guy he shot flew into the water behind him and his prop Luger pistol went in also, into a quarry water basin in Marin county California now I don't live close enough to go search for it but if someone did and made a video showing the location to show provenance that would be a very cool find. The scene is in the first Movie named Dirty Harry. A pretty cool adventure for a water hunter to take on. If someone does take on this endeavor please show us the results. What are your guys thoughts? Do you think the props would still be there?

Last edited:
I've thought of this on other Movies with rings, coins etc.
only guessing but I'd guess props thrown in lakes & the ocean or off cliffs Especially are never retrieved.
because they are just props. or single coins.
and even if they use there Go-fer for a laugh and tell him to go get it :laughing9:
odds would be slim these items would be located by eyesight by some kid trying to break into movies,
by kissin' producer butt and jumping in :laughing7:

recently a stack of Gold Coin Props from the Detectorists (TV Series 2014–2017) that were buried .
were dug https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...rs-fooled-by-prop-coins-from-tvs-detectorists

& even though I'm not a Clint Eastwood or Dirty Harry fan.
your right ! with provenance that would be a very cool find !

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back