Found old ruins in local park- How old?

Xcape121

Nov 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New member here. I was exploring some woods in a local park near my work and found what appears to be the remains of an old chimney. It is made from red brick and limestone( i think). Maps from the 1940s of this area shows no home sites, but a farm to the northeast and south of it. Can't seem to find any maps older then 1940s that show this area. Arials views from the 1920s show the two farms that are on the 1940s map. It is also located near a local lake( natural). Any Idea how old it might be? I plan on detecting it soon.

additional note: I found another chimney near by this one and a couple pits( appear to be privy or trash pits maybe)

thumbnail_IMG_4494.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4495.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4493.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4492.jpg thumbnail_IMG_4491.jpg

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely detect it, probably a good 100 years old brick there. Update us with what you find.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check more aerial maps from the forties to present it might be on a more modern map. I was noticing the brick with three holes in it(core hole brick) and I tried to find when they were first invented but couldn't find a date. But those bricks would seem to be more modern in age to me but like I said I couldn't find a date when they invented the three holes in a brick process.

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

Xcape121

Nov 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback! I will hit it this week and report back if I find any goodies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread