Discovery of A Huge Coin Hoard!!!

Sergei Upstate

Greenie
Apr 29, 2005
Albany, USA
Hi to All!
I had a great beginning of my metal detecting season this year. In May, my treasure hunting buddy and I made a discovery of a huge cache of the 16th century silver hammered coins. Created in the format for my web site, the story is too big to be posted here, so here is the link to it: http://metaldetectingworld.com/cache_hunting_p1.shtml
Not often one can read a full story on digging a coin hoard on the web. Here is an opportunity for you to see the process and read about it in details through my story with 160 pictures!
Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• cache08.jpg
    cache08.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 588
  • cache08.jpg
    cache08.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 587

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Sergei,
Simply fantastic! What happened with the coins? Did y'all sell them or divy them up? What's your estimate for total value? Great job guys!

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
Freaking amazing!!!

But are you not afraid that someone "officials" will try to take that away from you?

Thanks for sharing though.. You are living the dream that many of us will never get to experience..

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that a fair amount of history unfolded in that particular area due to the various ages of the artifacts found. I would suppose that you could spend years working that field. :thumbsup:

GG~

C

Cappy Z.

Ray S ECenFL said:
That would, certainly, make my day.
:D
Ray S

Forget it Ray..you'll never get lucky..now keep filling out job applications for Wendy's.
(just kidding)
:wink:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sergei, Congratulations :notworthy: :notworthy:
That's a professional presentation
of a dream find of treasure.

Mike

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Outstanding Segei! Thanks you for documenting that whole procedure. That's just crazy to think about..... I feel faint. Need to lay down.... :o

EDIT: Would this not be banner worthy? If it's not I'm gonna just hang up my detector now..... I voted banner!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread