My ACE250

LaKASkill

Jun 2, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am happy to say that I am the proud owner of an ACE250. I ordered it from Kelly co. on 6/24/09 and it was shipped out the next day, due to the weekend, I did not receive it until 6/29/09. I am very satisfied with the shipping, absolutely hassle free. Naturally, I was at work when it arrived.

I got home all excited and opened the box, inspecting every piece. The box was very well packed and there were no damaged pieces. I had it assembled in minutes and did not even need the instructions. I watched the video, though I had already watched it about 6 times on YouTube and out the door I went.

I get off of work at 0000 HRS. so it was pitch black outside, by this time it was about 0130 HRS. Using my flashlight to see, I decided to set it on "all metals" just like the video said. I picked a spot in my yard where I used to park and knew I had to have dropped change at one time or another. In less then a minutes time the detector sounding off like crazy. I looked at the display and it was showing that I may have found a dime. I held down the "Pin Point Button" and found my strongest signal. Flash light in hand, I moved some grass and dug about a half inch and there it was, a dime (modern of course). My wife was like, "ummmm wow, its a dime". I am not going to detect my yard anymore until my kids have had a chance to make a run through with the detector.

Tomorrow I am going to take it to the beach and see what it can do. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

mrsjuju

May 9, 2009
Tacoma,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I also own an Ace 250 and love it!!
Mine came the first week of June and have used it almost everyday since,and yes I also used it the first in the yard!
Keep us updated on your finds please.
Luck in the hunt.
Kell.

OP
OP
LaKASkill

LaKASkill

Jun 2, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well I have returned from my trip to the beach empty handed but satisfied. I found many bottle caps and pop tops as well as 1- Penny (modern), though my finds helped me learn more about pin pointing.

The guy that owns the jet ski rental shack walked up to me and said I can detect around his shack and wooden beach chairs anytime I wanted, so I thought that was really cool. All was not lost, I had a great time.

Thank you all for reading and replying to my post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread