Discussion on the effect detectors make on the economy by spending clad.

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about this for a while after my economics professor mentioned how hoarding money and not keeping it in a bank or spending it effects the economy. The same can be said for money that has been lost in the ground and not spent. If an average clad recovery per year is, lets say $50.00, and they spend it, and there are, say 50,000 detectors, that means $2,500,000 that is put back into good use. I have no idea what the average amount of clad per year is, or how many detectors there are in the US, but it still is boosting the economy and returning money back where it belongs. Any comments on the discussion? Please reply, I would love to get your take on the whole thing.

Sometimes I think too much haha!

Jason

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
Wouldn't saving money have the same effect as having money in the ground?
What about buying stuff with credit cards since no actual cash has changed hands...?
What about the countless zinc cents that will once again become earth's composite?

I think the printing of money has a greater effect on our economy than digging up money or even spending money...

Most detectorists (possibly 50%) don't turn in their clad, I haven't since I started 2 years ago...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think what is Squirled away & what is Lost Daily,
prevents any change.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread