Shipwrecks

Roofis

Dec 26, 2014
Mount Dora
Detector(s) used
Whites, aqua scan,Geometrics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent 6 hrs in the deco chamber in Mariners. Hospital by just relaying on my dive computer. The Navy tables should be first choice with a computer as backup for time, accent rate and deco stops.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always make sure you bring a good book :P

011102divers06-high.jpg

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent 6 hrs in the deco chamber in Mariners. Hospital by just relaying on my dive computer. The Navy tables should be first choice with a computer as backup for time, accent rate and deco stops.

You can run the same, perfectly safe profile dive 100 times and never get the bends. then one day you can get hit. The human is body is a guessing game. Why do you blame the computer on getting you bent? What was your profile?

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ok, I got it. Here it is. I tested it in the pool (6 ft), so far it works. Even at that depth for a few minutes it still counts down a de-sat time and surface interval after you come up. It also beeps if you come up too fast.

One thing is weird - it counts down a 12 hour "no-fly" time even on a 6 ft, 2 minute dive.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's part of it's safety feature. I guess they figure if you are blindly following it's advice without real understanding, you better not fly for a while, LOL. I think all recreational computers have a 12 or 24 hour no-fly timer after any dives.

At 6 feet, it probably just barely started considering it a dive. On my computer, above 5 or 6 feet it considers you as surfaced.

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeah, that's part of it's safety feature. I guess they figure if you are blindly following it's advice without real understanding, you better not fly for a while, LOL. I think all recreational computers have a 12 or 24 hour no-fly timer after any dives.

At 6 feet, it probably just barely started considering it a dive. On my computer, above 5 or 6 feet it considers you as surfaced.

Yes, you're right. The manual says it goes into "dive mode" at 4 ft. After 20 seconds it starts recording dive data.

Not much more I can play with until I take it on a real dive.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IIRC, there is a download cable available for your computer. If you want to see exactly what your dive looks like, get the cable! I never realized just how fast I was ascending until I started looking at my true profile

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
IIRC, there is a download cable available for your computer. If you want to see exactly what your dive looks like, get the cable! I never realized just how fast I was ascending until I started looking at my true profile

Thanks Jason, I didn't know that. I just checked - the cable is $50 and comes with dive simulation software. Is it worth it? Can I learn to operate the Puck using the software?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure, but I always like to see my actual profile. My computer will also show tissue loading and oxygen saturation during the dive. As for learning the computer, I would recommend just playing with it. It should be fairly simple, but repetition is the key to familiarity.

Roofis

Dec 26, 2014
Mount Dora
Detector(s) used
Whites, aqua scan,Geometrics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't blame the computer, totally my falt. 134ft 11min after 45 min surface the computer said I could go back in. 134 ft 10 min. Stayed too long came up too fast. Got an AGE ,after 5 min couldn't walk couldn't talk. But now I'm back to normal, still an idiot.

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't blame the computer, totally my falt. 134ft 11min after 45 min surface the computer said I could go back in. 134 ft 10 min. Stayed too long came up too fast. Got an AGE ,after 5 min couldn't walk couldn't talk. But now I'm back to normal, still an idiot.

Wow! Which artery did the embolism lodge in? What did you do - go back down, or go to the chamber?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread