• leejocassee.jpg
    leejocassee.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 447

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Was the water clear? Did you find anything? We went diving yesterday in the Gulf of Mexico, about 15 miles out. Not bad, 89 F water temp, and 30+ ft vis. We were spearfishing, I got 2 grouper and a triggerfish and my girlfriend got a hogfish.

OP
OP
Leebo in SC

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visibility was 5 to 15 feet depending on how much silt was kicked up. water was 75 degress at the surface. A friend of mine was there doing a deep dive and he said it was 49 degrees at 135 feet. Lots of stuff to look at.

Lee

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Lee

Glad to see you are out there diving!!!!We had a chance to got out last weekend we did a 12 to 15ft dive and a 36ft dive the water was perfect....Check out the color tone of the water

Capt. Dalton and Chagy Jr.

Attachments

• DSC02634.JPG
    DSC02634.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC02634.JPG
    DSC02634.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 378
OP
OP
Leebo in SC

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chagy,
The water looks great. I was hoping to get out and do some diving this weekend but my son is going to Myrtle Beach with his Mom. Maybe I can get out and do some metal detecting. We are planning on going down to Jupiter next Thursday if everything works out.

I hope you have lots of luck.

Lee

NC_Bob

Mar 9, 2007
WNC
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Leebo in SC said:
The water looks great. I was hoping to get out and do some diving this weekend but my son is going to Myrtle Beach with his Mom.

Lee,

Where, exactly, is "Upstate SC"? - I assumed you were coastal, but of you're diving in Jocassee you're more "local." Jocassee is about 2 hours from me (Asheville, NC) and the local dve store does most of their training there although I've only dived there a couple of times).

Life's kinda full and crazy sometimes, but I'm always up for diving when I can get away so if you have a mind to give me a yell next time you're in the lake or in need of a buddy.

Bob.

OP
OP
Leebo in SC

Leebo in SC

Jul 4, 2006
Upstate SC
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,

I live near Laurens. Jocassee is about two hours from me too. We will probably try to go back in two or three weeks.

Lee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread