DIY beach sluice

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doug Watson - Have you checked out the other 2 locations that are on the permit? If so, any luck?

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Ben all over the beach from the Columbia to the Quinault indian res. Cape Dissapointment right out of the state park is the best I've found. It sort of sucks because I live 15 min from the beach and have to drive 2 hrs to the good spot.

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice, thanks for the info. I just got back home from Benson Beach... long drive for the short time I was there. First time at the beach, and also the first time using my goldcube. Let's just say I had no idea what I was doing but hopefully it's as idiot proof as they say. I had to bury my large container in the sand to make the top lower so the goldcube stand would reach the top of the container for recirculation. Anyways it was still a fun trip with my boy, now I realize I need to make a miller table... It never ends.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice, thanks for the info. I just got back home from Benson Beach... long drive for the short time I was there. First time at the beach, and also the first time using my goldcube. Let's just say I had no idea what I was doing but hopefully it's as idiot proof as they say. I had to bury my large container in the sand to make the top lower so the goldcube stand would reach the top of the container for recirculation. Anyways it was still a fun trip with my boy, now I realize I need to make a miller table... It never ends.

Instead of a miller table, watch Mike Pung or Doc from goldHog's YouTube vids on panning. The cube only produces 1 1/2 cups of cons...classify, pan, gold!

OP
OP
Sluicer

Sluicer

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the email today that my application ha been received I will try the v matting only reason I was wondering about the vortex is that my boss had a 6" by 4' piece laying around that he have me

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Prospectors Plus is having an outing at Cape Dissapointment State Park June 21st if you guys want to come down and see how we are doing it.

OP
OP
Sluicer

Sluicer

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay cool I will most likely be able to make it down there thanks

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Instead of a miller table, watch Mike Pung or Doc from goldHog's YouTube vids on panning. The cube only produces 1 1/2 cups of cons...classify, pan, gold!

As always thanks for your recommendations Kevin, I have been classifying/panning however I have to many cons and not enough time to pan it all out. I saw a few videos of some cheap miller tables that did ok.
Also, thank you Doug for the invite, I will try to get the day off of work. I've been looking into joining a club with some decent claims in the Blewett pass area also.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As always thanks for your recommendations Kevin, I have been classifying/panning however I have to many cons and not enough time to pan it all out. I saw a few videos of some cheap miller tables that did ok. Also, thank you Doug for the invite, I will try to get the day off of work. I've been looking into joining a club with some decent claims in the Blewett pass area also.
too much cons...nice problem to have!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread