CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just might, folks.....

The ladies told me "Take OUR bank bags, put a grand of loose coin in it, and then deposit it with us. We don't want to unroll and count it. This way we can just send it off."

Man..... it just don't get no better than that.

I took 'em cookies.....

Robin

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
CaptainRobin said:
I just might, folks.....

The ladies told me "Take OUR bank bags, put a grand of loose coin in it, and then deposit it with us. We don't want to unroll and count it. This way we can just send it off."

Man..... it just don't get no better than that.

I took 'em cookies.....

Robin

That sounds like an ideal situation.

Jim

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Mine give me clear bags but they only hold $500. That way they don't have to change the bag in the machine. Its a win-win for both of us.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I have the same kind of set up dumping coins Robin, it is a sweet deal ...

No more rolling them and lighting fast getting in and out

I dont have to deposit the $$$... they give me the cash and said if the count was off they would take it out of my acct.

Glad to hear that you hit the same set-up :)

Plus the tellers love it no hassles for them , I talked to a couple other banks and asked them could I bring in some halves in 1000.00 bags so you could just through them on the truck and they said sure that would be great ..

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your tied for the coolest dump bank. Mine did the same thing. They gave me 5 of their bank bags. I put $ 1000.00 in each & take them back. They dont mind handling them at all that way. ( This is also a bank I dont even have an account at !! ). Ron

Jsayre1234

Mar 13, 2008
For all you folks that have these great dump banks. Does the bank give you instant credit for the 1000$ or do they need to count it first, then debit your acount later in the week?

OP
OP
CaptainRobin

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jsayre1234 said:
For all you folks that have these great dump banks. Does the bank give you instant credit for the 1000$ or do they need to count it first, then debit your acount later in the week?

Mine gives me instant CREDIT ~ not debit. I usually deposit, but often take cash.

They just send the bags off - the carrier weighs them. If they come up short, I guess the bank will debit my account for the shortage, that's what they told me will happen. Hasn't happened yet (fingers crossed, knocking on wood).

Great thing is searching rolls, just make sure the roll count is right, search the edges, and drop what isn't wanted into a bucket, making up any coins removed as keepers from the roll. Instant thousand dollar bag.

These ladies even allow me to take their lil' vault wagon to the truck ~ I don't even have to carry the bags inside.

I got it made............

Robin

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Anybody with a bank that takes pre-counted $1,000 bags, I hope you guys realize just what you have and take very good care of those tellers that let you do it.

For reference, Brinks said they weigh the bag and have a tolerance of +/- 3%. That's like $30, so you'll never have to worry about being shorted.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XX said:
..Brinks said they weigh the bag and have a tolerance of +/- 3%. That's like $30, so you'll never have to worry about being shorted.
That is quite a tolerance but it is needed with halves. I am sure you all have seen coins that are half the thickness of others. That also means half the weight. JFK halves seem to be the worst coin ever to live up to factory tolerances.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Wow, I'm totally jealous of that. It takes me about 70 minutes each week to get rid of 12,000 halves. That'd say me a lot of time. I should ask around.

Brian

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
kestrelia said:
Wow, I'm totally jealous of that. It takes me about 70 minutes each week to get rid of 12,000 halves. That'd say me a lot of time. I should ask around.

Brian

Yeah check around Brian , I just use a little rural bank and it is quick to dump ... I took in 4000 halves today and it didnt take more than 5 minutes if that long ... I hand them the bags and they hand me the cash ... I am sure that u prolly can find a bank to do it ... I have asked some other banks if I bring in some $1000.00 bags and they said sure that would be great ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread