Do people prefer to recycle their eWaste?

peterjohnson

Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do people prefer to recycle their eWaste to Overseas Companies?

I know that there is a tons of materials that needs to be recycled laying in our junkyards and backyards while there are only a few eWaste recycling company that are doing this job. The need of more recycling companies is surely needed, so what i need to ask is that do people prefer to recycle their eWaste overseas or they simply went it to get done by their local recycler, even though they don't have the capability to recycle eWaste as per the recommended environmental methods

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Electronic waste……computers, old cell phones………some companies ship this crap to poor countries in Africa sometimes……

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What`s eWaste ?
A division of E-Trade or e-surance ? ... Its a cool way to say your old computers, cell phones & electronics are nothing but junk now, good only for scrap. I saw an episode of Modern Marvels of a electronic scrapper in California. It looked like they just tossed all those old computers in a crusher and with a little hocus pocus out came ingots of gold, silver & copper at the end. As for me the very little old electronic waste I can produce goes to a dumpster at the Boulder County Colorado recycle center and I get nothing for it, but I do have a small stock pile building up in the garage now ready to go sometime. I do believe most electronic waste is preferred to be sent to overseas scrappers to be recycled as that is more cost effective. To many environmental issue for us to allow any enterprising Americans to deal with that hazard. Hell, you'd need permitting and impact study up the you know what, to do any, dare I say, "profitable" operation like that in this country.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Darn, When I saw the title I immediately thought of sending you all my old spam and advertising email for recycling.

All I needed was your email address...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread