Do these arrowheads look like cheap knock-offs to anyone else?

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came across this "Collection of Artifacts" on Ebay and I am new to collecting native american artifacts but they look suspicious to me. Is it just me or does anyone else see it too?

fake.jpg

Upvote 0

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I cant say of the origin but they do look like reproductions to me when I look close at them.

Ebay is notorious for reproduction sales both as reproductions and labelled as authentic with bogus, cheap toilet paper COA's not worth the time to read.

There are a few individuals who apparently make income off of papering, what to me, is questionable, sometimes obvious, fakes. One rarely sees a COA from them at any reputable relic show or auction. They are in the shadow world of rip-off and slight of hand. Make a sale and be gone. Return policy are often not attainable for a number of reasons.

The funny things is nobody seems to name them all - and so unknowingly they continue to get business by others who are of questionably reputation or the new collectors who just dont know any better, or for some other reason I cant seem to understand.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also say yes to newly made items. I wasn't aware where these came from, I have see them for sale before.

I tried some flint knapping last year. Let me tell you I was 100% successful in making small pieces of flint from larger pieces of flint! I have no talent for it!

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
The India points sell for $30.00 a hundred wholesale. I bought a hundred and glued fasteners on the back of them and give them away to the kids at knap ins, making sure to tell them that they were made in India. They really didn't care and their smiles were worth a million.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions