Found this axe in 1990 by my house

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I was walking in the field by my house in which I had found a number of relics when I spotted this ax laying flat on the ground.

It slipped right nice into my back pocket.
jaa_ax.JPG

Upvote 0

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. It’s always a good feeling when you find things right around your house. I’d love to find an axe or Celt. I find all kinds of chipped stone but very little hard stone... of course being in a former prairie and only sedimentary rocks they may be pretty scarce around here.

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid they disc'ed the farm at my house. My father found artifacts as there were a lot of Indians once in the area. By the time I was old enough to care they were in no till. Hard to say how many artifacts are on the old farm still.

Once we were pulling large rocks out of the field and I found one laying on the surface. I set it on the tractor to show him and it vibrated off never to be seen again.

I really miss Ohio and those days.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! :headbang: What does it weigh?

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure does look like one thats a really nice relic Im no expert and probobly have walked over many artifacts in my day. I hope thats the real deal what a great find that would be. Thanks for sharing it. Stay safe out there. Tommy

OP
OP
dognose

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
The axes weight? My wife got her food scale out for me, the axe weights 1 lb 8.4 oz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread