Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah...:laughing7::laughing9::laughing7: You know that guy
is/was, not sure about currently, a Radio DJ. A very talented, and inventive one at that...

With his several cassettes back in the day. I have three cassettes like new, from Mom's
late husband, I guess he never listened to them very much... Anyway good swift choice,
Relevent, made me laugh so hard, I had to go to the bathroom and spit, so as not to choke... :sunny:
:fish:
Thanks...:laughing7:

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hmmm....I don't need any wine to see that birdy.... Or the sea turtle covering her eggs.

4 caches... at least one near water, maybe in a shallow cave or rock shelter.

Bird's attention needs investigating as well....mine?

I'll take that wine now...but NOT this kind .....

:laughing7:

Hi Judy,

It's interesting that you mentioned the sea turtle as a treasure sign. Before Springfield left tnet, he had a good thread going about why the turtle and snake were considered treasure symbols. I did a lot of research on that and found an ancient Old World representation where the turtle was a sacred mound and the snake represented a sacred column on that mound. The treasure part was the offerings left by the column and hidden somewhere on the mound by the priests. It's unfortunate that Springfields thread was deleted.

There was another tnet poster from some country in North Africa who also mentioned how large stones were fashioned to look like sea turtles as well as land turtles. The sea turtles indicated a water route and the land turtles indicated an overland trail.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
In the recent past I fished the sundial out of the dirt near the ring of rocks around a flower bed and set it on a round of wood. Did not realign the gnome.
Had a few but traded them off at rendezvous in years past.

Reading rocks, I would't bet a nickle on my findings.
Not referring to yours but all.
First are they worked by humans.
Then when and by whom.
Then the context.
Then the scale, local,national or international.
Then hypothesis.

Hi Releventchair,

You hit the nail right on the head with this post.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Releventchair,

Hey mdog,

What else do you see, remember this is a light
deal, or conversation, with no big hashing, just
good 'ol hit-n-run opinions, simple and free... :sunny: :fish:
:cross:
No static, or disagreement, I mean you won't get any at all, from me...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Judy,

It's interesting that you mentioned the sea turtle as a treasure sign. Before Springfield left tnet, he had a good thread going about why the turtle and snake were considered treasure symbols. I did a lot of research on that and found an ancient Old World representation where the turtle was a sacred mound and the snake represented a sacred column on that mound. The treasure part was the offerings left by the column and hidden somewhere on the mound by the priests. It's unfortunate that Springfields thread was deleted.

There was another tnet poster from some country in North Africa who also mentioned how large stones were fashioned to look like sea turtles as well as land turtles. The sea turtles indicated a water route and the land turtles indicated an overland trail.

Hey dog,
Look at the interesting art work right at the front door of the historical archives building in the old town section of Barcelona. archives.JPG

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey mdog,

Interesting comments, I'd like to hear more,
If you are interested in explaining what you see.

Like I say, I see some of it, but realize I'm not well versed
in the layout, the significance of each, and the big picture, etc.

Just really hoping you guys/gals will be forthcoming, no worries,
no criticism, no bogged down debate, say what you think. You
remember your research you generously shared, I can only show
one card at a time. Perhaps leaving one to wonder, but y'all have
been studying this stuff a lot longer than me, only being on TNet,
reading for a couple years, and a slow reader. But yes, I appreciate
it people, comment away. The symbolism has me fascinated, and
I have yet to recognize it as being a Spanish site, because there's
not been the modification/destruction, I think that there would be,
based on some conversations I have observed, and yes, that also
definitely includes Springfield's position and comments. Thanks!...:thumbsup: :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey dog,
Look at the interesting art work right at the front door of the historical archives building in the old town section of Barcelona. View attachment 1159288

Hey sdcfia,

I have possibly seen something like that, not sure, but will look
at references, and if I see something similar, will share it. Now,
this conversation is beginning to be fascinating, because of the
things you folks are bringing out, nice! I'll do some looking, will
take some time, Thank You Kindly!...:thumbsup: :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Releventchair,

Hi back at cha mdog:
Only because someone with sharp eyes told me to keep a look out for unusual stonework,after sharing some of his findings and inspiring me to look with a more questioning approach.:thumbsup:
(Unless you mean the part about not betting on my findings, which makes good sense!:laughing7:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
... ~: The Rain Song :~ ... ~: Led Zeppelin :~ ...

I always liked their slower, deep songs. Page's creative guitar
playing, is still a masterpiece, and Plants' vocals, captivating...

They were quite electrifying to watch, in fall '77, at the San Diego Sports Arena...

Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham, John Paul Jones,

all at peak performance and colorful showmanship... :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
LedZepplin. Whoo boy.

This one almost suits the earlier pic of armored knights hoping to not get unsaddled while looking for the few on foot they are seeking to pursue.
Live versions are not as clearly defined, so no vid......

No Quarter!
https://youtu.be/RKOngTfTMs0

.> .>..>.........
> .. >. >

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hey mdog,

Interesting comments, I'd like to hear more,
If you are interested in explaining what you see.

Like I say, I see some of it, but realize I'm not well versed
in the layout, the significance of each, and the big picture, etc.

Just really hoping you guys/gals will be forthcoming, no worries,
no criticism, no bogged down debate, say what you think. You
remember your research you generously shared, I can only show
one card at a time. Perhaps leaving one to wonder, but y'all have
been studying this stuff a lot longer than me, only being on TNet,
reading for a couple years, and a slow reader. But yes, I appreciate
it people, comment away. The symbolism has me fascinated, and
I have yet to recognize it as being a Spanish site, because there's
not been the modification/destruction, I think that there would be,
based on some conversations I have observed, and yes, that also
definitely includes Springfield's position and comments. Thanks!...:thumbsup: :sunny: :fish:

Hi Crosse,

The most important thing about your spot is what you see there. Nothing can beat eyes on the site. You can see, not only the immediate area, but the terrain features of the surrounding area. If you have a formation or carving that seems to be pointing at something, you are there to see what it is pointing at.

What brought you to that area? Were you out for a hike and noticed stone that might have been arranged by human hands or did something you researched take you there? If you have a random find, you might want to do a little research before you head back to the site for further investigation. Try to research back as far as you can. Check for any Mound Builder and other Native American activity. Look for their trails and any springs located along those trails. Many old Native American trails were later used by European explorers. Look for evidence of European settlement or trade in this area. Find out how the trade developed and in what direction the important trade trails went. If you are in an area where precious metals were mined, find out if your spot was in or close to the mining areas or if it was along a trail leaving those areas.

If you decide to put more time investigating your site in the field, start at your point of interest and circle it looking for other things of interest, rock formations, carvings, stuff like that. Work out from your spot 100-200 yards. I've found two rocks, one large and one small, that had the features of the surrounding terrain fashioned onto them. Look for stuff like that.

It's fun researching the symbols, the turtle, for example. I also liked researching the owl symbol.

As far as interpreting the symbols and formations, eyes on at the site can't be beat.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hey dog,
Look at the interesting art work right at the front door of the historical archives building in the old town section of Barcelona. View attachment 1159288

Thanks for the picture, sdcfia. The little sea turtle reminds me of the small turtle carved on L.C.Baker's tombstone picture from Nebraska City. I'd like to know the story behind the little sea turtle and the rest of the art work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread