Rule of thumb for old mine seekers: follow your dog

Aggie door 2 .JPG

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
View attachment 1159999

... ~: OK, anyone else see the Horse :~ ... :sunny: :fish:
:cross:
I see JJ right about the bridle area between the mouth and eyes...

I never saw this, until I upgraded to Nikon 24.2 m-pix...

Still didn't see, till posted, that
has happened, more than once.
Expanding the compressed image
on back out, changes the look...

How did he see it... :icon_scratch:
~: Crosse :~

Because All The Shots Before, I
was never taking pics that late, in
lower light, with no direct sunlight...

Though I looked them all over and
stared at them for hours, the lighting,
and maybe m-pix made all the difference...8-)

I see the things you and Judy are talking about.

Are you thinking the flash from the camera, in low light, revealed the horse image.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I see the things you and Judy are talking about.

Are you thinking the flash from the camera, in low light, revealed the horse image.

The reason I ask is, I have a picture of an image that is barely perceptible, even when you are standing right in front of it, but the flash from my camera really brings it out. I've wondered if it would show up with direct moonlight but the place is so damn creepy I'm afraid to go there in the dark. I tried to talk my wife into going along with me...without telling her why...but she thinks I'm just trying to get romantic and she doesn't want to miss Dancing With the Kardashians or whatever it is she watches in the evening.:BangHead:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hahahahahah!!!!!! A little moonlight romance might be just the thing, Mdog, lol.

Matter of fact...you got me thinking. Wouldn't torchlight offer the same viewing conditions?

The last time I tried a little moonlight romance was several weeks ago during the lunar eclipse. I got up at 3 in the morning so I wouldn't miss it but the shadow never appeared until 5. I woke her up to "Put on your slippers and come see this, it's really neat...Look, honey, it's the shadow of the earth moving across the moon. Isn't that cool?" It took me till noon to retrieve her slipper. I never realized a woman her age could kick so high.

Good point about the light. I'll have to try some different stuff with that and try to figure out what conditions would make the image appear back in prehistoric times. One more puzzle to figure out.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
The reason I ask is, I have a picture of an image that is barely perceptible, even when you are standing right in front of it, but the flash from my camera really brings it out. I've wondered if it would show up with direct moonlight but the place is so damn creepy I'm afraid to go there in the dark. I tried to talk my wife into going along with me...without telling her why...but she thinks I'm just trying to get romantic and she doesn't want to miss Dancing With the Kardashians or whatever it is she watches in the evening.:BangHead:
:fish:
:cross: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
The last time I tried a little moonlight romance was several weeks ago during the lunar eclipse. I got up at 3 in the morning so I wouldn't miss it but the shadow never appeared until 5. I woke her up to "Put on your slippers and come see this, it's really neat...Look, honey, it's the shadow of the earth moving across the moon. Isn't that cool?" It took me till noon to retrieve her slipper. I never realized a woman her age could kick so high.

Good point about the light. I'll have to try some different stuff with that and try to figure out what conditions would make the image appear back in prehistoric times. One more puzzle to figure out.:thumbsup:

I Will double check,

But I am pretty sure, the slight illumination effect
of the entrance, is the dim glow of the sun, falling
behind the distant mountain, and budding trees...

That, as you know, is giving up some clue, to a degree... :sunny: :fish:
:cross: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread