Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
When digging for arrowheads in the early eighties, I would open a beer and pour some into the hole before digging, asking the Great spirit to help me find arrowheads... I was very lucky and never failed to find one... A few weeks later after telling another why I was so lucky, I saw other diggers I had not yet met, pouring beer into their hole... True Story!:occasion14:

I gotta' remember to take some with me...

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias Senor Crosse……I'm doing well here, been kept busy with many things but hope most are worked out so I am free after Ano Nuevo…..
Meeting some interesting people here though, at lest 1 of whom shares the treasure hunting and has spent some searching years ago……
There is a huge advantage to knowing people, history and places here (well I guess anywhere)………
What is sad that if, and it is a very unlikely if, I ever found anything of value, I could never mention it anywhere……at best you could write a work of fiction that closely mirrors the event…..
Gracias a Dios…..

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably never happen, but has anyone thought about a forum strictly for religion? I don't even know if the admins would even think about starting one. One forum that I go to occasionally has one!
It would have to be like the politics forum where just about everything would be allowed. I'm sure there would be a lot of disagreements on different religions; but that would be ok with me. I've read about, not really studied closely, several religions. I wouldn't mind discussing them with others. Oh, for the record, I'm Protestant. (Hopefully, stating that I'm Protestant isn't too religious to be mentioned here.)

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Tex

Yes that is grounds for Holy War, LOL :laughing7:

Just kidding, of course, but it is possible that some
of our good Brethren don't agree one way or the other.

We'll leave it at that. We have the common interest of
seeking treasures, and consider there are some ways that
spirits are involved, based on experiences. The things
that actually work, are all the most important for
us to successfully implement...

Good luck to all, in your search,
and journeys for the true treasures... :fish:
... :cross:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably never happen, but has anyone thought about a forum strictly for religion? I don't even know if the admins would even think about starting one. One forum that I go to occasionally has one!
It would have to be like the politics forum where just about everything would be allowed. I'm sure there would be a lot of disagreements on different religions; but that would be ok with me. I've read about, not really studied closely, several religions. I wouldn't mind discussing them with others. Oh, for the record, I'm Protestant. (Hopefully, stating that I'm Protestant isn't too religious to be mentioned here.)

Stating your Protestant is not violating any rules...

Religious forum is not something admins would agree to, the only thing that is more controversial than politics is religion.

Not something I personally would support either...

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Stating your Protestant is not violating any rules...

Religious forum is not something admins would agree to, the only thing that is more controversial than politics is religion.

Not something I personally would support either...

That goes without saying, just explaining how events occurred,
is complicated enough... I wouldn't be interested in a full on
tread on the line, too many treasure spirits get stirred up
anyway. It's remarkable, what the originally spirited
writers of our Constitution thought, the treasure
they hunted, how they acquired it... :fish:
... :cross: ~: Crosse De Sign :~

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, TH, I know. I guess I was just kinda wanting to 'prod' you for the fun of it. lol. Sorry.
There is a forum on one of the gun forums that I go to occasionally. It was started just a few weeks ago. So far, what I've seen is quite interesting. Not the usual 'I'm right and you're wrong'.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need for any apologies...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

HA! We had one, once... TOO divisive; glad it is GONE!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ET TU< a gun nut ????

Yes, I could be considered a gun nut. I've always loved guns. My dad started teaching me to shoot before I was 6 years with an old Remington single shot .22, bolt action, that had to be 'cocked' by pulling out the rear of the bolt to cock it. Dad traded a 16 gauge shotgun for the little .22 rifle. Then at age 7 or 8 I was given a Red Ryder bb gun for Christmas. I was allowed to trade the .22 rifle for a .410 shotgun when I was about 14 or 15 years old.
I still carried a bb gun everywhere I went in town. I would put the bb gun behind the checkout stand in the S. H. Kress 5 and dime store, do my shopping, pay what I owed, pick up my bb gun and go on my way. I would do the same when I went into other stores.
The city police had a gasoline pump at the water works station to fill their patrol cars. They liked for me to keep the sparrow population down as much as possible, so they always encouraged me to come down there and shoot the birds. I was asked to take the birds that I killed somewhere and dispose of them because they were beginning to stink. Some nights I would kill 60 to 80 birds in the trees there at the water works station.
Then the sheriff's deputies started picking me up and taking me to the courthouse to shoot the pigeons that were messing up the sidewalks. I got a 5mm Sheridan Silver Streak pellet gun. I used it several times at the courthouse to shoot the pigeons. Great little rifle.
Yes, I'm a gun nut. I have a .410 single break-down shotgun that my wife gave me for Christmas in 1968. I traded my deer rifle for a 12 gauge pump shotgun after I decided that I only wanted to hunt deer with camera after killing 2 one year and 3 the next year. That was in about 1984. I bought a Marlin 39AS in 2011, then a Marlin 81, then a Marlin 60, and a Heritage 'Rough Rider' .22lr/.22 magnum revolver also I bought a .380 Bersa Thunder Concealed Carry pistol. Got my CCW license. After that I started buying some rifles and handguns from the internet. I bought an Iver Johnson Sportsman .22 revolver from a man in Pennsylvania. I bought a Henry H0001 lever action .22 rifle with the 'Ducks Unlimited' symbol on the stock from a man in either North Carolina or Georgia. It was in the box and had never been fired since leaving the factory. I have trouble remembering some of the places that I bought guns on the internet. I bought a Stevens 20 gauge double barrel from a man in Oregon. I bought a Remington 552 Speedmaster, 2 Crosman X Storm pellet rifles, and a Savage 17 Mach 2 rifle on the internet also. I bought a Colteer .22 rifle, a Stevens 20 gauge with 2 shot magazine bolt action shotgun, and a Sears 3T .22 rifle that were in bad shape. Also a Remington 12A that was in pitiful shape. I got it at Red's Trading Post, the oldest gun shop in Idaho. The employees has been using 0000 steel wool and oil to remove the rust. I refinished all of these guns and about two weeks ago traded the Marlin 39AS and the little Remington 12A for a .357 Magnum and a Walther PPK/S .22 pistol. (Got some extra ammo and $$$ also on the trade.)
Yes, I am definitely a gun nut! Tell me about your collection. I'm always interested in guns!

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting and entertaining stories of your gun toting,
and bird services for the local authorities Tex. Even if you
did have to do some little bird massa-crees... :laughing7:

I killed a few small sparrows in a large tall bush once, with
a guy I cut Jr. High school with one day, using his BB guns.
Then I felt like a bad guy, and didn't do that again, except
for the time when I woke up in the morning, hearing
Indian Granny was pretty upset, about 'em getting
two more of her prize chickens, ...

... so I slipped on my boots, and went to see if there was
somethin' I could do to help her. I said, I'll help you Grandma.
She handed me her old .410, and a few shells. I went out right
away, walked along quietly down close to the creek, and followed
along, not far from the old stage road. In high weeds for about a
hundred yards. I heard one of 'em screechy callin' and cocked
the gun. There it appeared, coming right in front over me,
flying on a straight line for the chicken house. I readily
aimed, and pulled the trigger, watching where it landed.
I reloaded, walking and keeping my eye on the spot,
and when I got there, I heard another one, calling
for this one I had down, and suddenly, there it
was too. I shot, and watched where it fell.

Picked the first one up by the feet, and when
I walked back along the creek toward the house,
there was Grandma standing there, she looked at me
grabbed them right out of my hand and said, oh boy.
I hadn't been gone over 15 minutes...

She cooked them tough wild birds for dinner,
they sure were extremely hard to chew, but
she got her revenge on them.

I honestly didn't know what I was doing at the time,
at 17, from the city. But Grandma thought it was great,
at the time I got the pesky chicken thieves for her... :fish:
Crosse... :cross:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions