All Treasure Hunting

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
mrs.oroblanco said:
There are lots of sports heroes. You can start with the folks that dedicate years of their childhood (not just their highschool or college years), to make the Olympics - to represent our country.

Oh, heck, why should we be encouraging kids to be all they can be and all they WANT to be.

B
Teach them how to read , write , and how to raise a 'tater crop to feed themselves before you
send them out on a single focus mission to 'Be all they can be' as a sports jock .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I enjoy many of the down hill events, the ski jumps and the ice skating, not sure but it may be because of the skimpy outfits on the sexy women skaters.....

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gallileo60 said:
Total waste of time, and money...Sports is over rated anyway, and it sickens me to hear some sports person called "a hero"......people fighting for our freedom are heroes...We should spend the money on feeding the poor in our Country.....

I almost posted that thought a couple days ago with the intention of mixing it into one of my above replies. It's not just sports either, because I don't understand why millions of people worship others whether they're athletes, actors, etc.etc.. It actually scares me because I look at these people as crazy, and that's a lot of crazy people! I for one am no one's biggest fan.

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
I would maybe watch them if every competition had them competing while on fire. Luge,bobsled, downhill...what else....that broom thing. :laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
that broom thing is called curling --( next to hockey --its a big thing in canada they say) I'm heartbroken the american mens curling team 3 times had possible victory in sight at the end of their matches only to have their dreams dashed by the team skipper who "choked" under the huge "pressure" .

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
that broom thing is called curling --( next to hockey --its a big thing in canada they say) I'm heartbroken the american mens curling team 3 times had possible victory in sight at the end of their matches only to have their dreams dashed by the team skipper who "choked" under the huge "pressure" .

Three guys I used to play baseball with played in the the Brier a while back, and one of their sisters in the STOH and is the former world women's Jr. champion. Even having that going for local curling I'm still not sure I see the interest, and it definitely wouldn't come close to hockey around here. In high school we went a few times and I couldn't wait to leave. My father used to play, and watches it on TV, but I sure don't! I'm more in agreement with the talk show hosts and comedians who have been slamming it all week. ;D

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
uh you do know I was kidding right? :D :wink:

About what? I'm guessing it probably is a big thing, I probably just don't see it around here like I do hockey. Our best seem to always be pretty young so maybe that says there's more kids into it than I realize. Even my Scottish blood can't find a way to like that sport!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
my ideal of curling is 12 oz wieght lifting

I used to be a champion at that, probably worthy of a gold medal. The path however was not leading me to Vancouver so I gave it up.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GunFarce said:
The opening show was great, the best piece of music was Hallauya (sp?) by k.d.lang
But i did notice, the every time I see her, she seems to look more and more like Wayne Newton ::)
The death of the fellow on the luge did have a profound effect on a lot of people. I guess the description of what a luge run is, was pretty accurate.. Lay down flat, go like hell, try not to die..

Have you see the Canadian Womans Biathalon team? Skiing and Guns can be sexy..
http://www.boldbeautifulbiathlon.com/

do they do this in Bikinis ?

Wait a Minute Guns in Canada ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:

Is that where you put a Round Acme timebomb
on ice & Sweep it around till it blows?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SYKO said:
I would maybe watch them if every competition had them competing while on fire. Luge,bobsled, downhill...what else....that broom thing. :laughing7:

:thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
There are lots of sports heroes. You can start with the folks that dedicate years of their childhood (not just their highschool or college years), to make the Olympics - to represent our country.

only if sports was in place of war.

As is, they are Jocks & Sports Bunnies
(although I'm not sure what to
call Male Figure Skaters
or Female Runners :tongue3: )

But not Heroes to me till they Save a Life By
Being in the Right place by accident. .

:coffee2:

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:

Oh, heck, why should we be encouraging kids to be all they can be and all they WANT to be.

B

We need more Doctors, and Scientist, and engineers, not more overpaid guys who can throw a ball....Be all you can be with education...I'm not saying sports does not have it place, but when some moron that throws a ball gets paid more than the President, or a Teacher, or someone who puts their life on the line to save others, something is wrong with the system...Sports is very overrated in my humble worthless opinion.....

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
Well I'm into what I'd call extreme sports myself. I don't do it for money or recognition, I do it for fun and adrenaline. I paddle class 5 whitewater, base jump and sky dive, climb rocks at a 4.9 scale. However, tonight I watched what is called "skeleton" for the first time. It's a winter event where the participant hurtles himself face first down the same course they use for luge and bobsledding. Good grief. 90 mph face first down a huge tube of ice? Very interesting to watch.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
jeff of pa said:
GunFarce said:
The opening show was great, the best piece of music was Hallauya (sp?) by k.d.lang
But i did notice, the every time I see her, she seems to look more and more like Wayne Newton ::)
The death of the fellow on the luge did have a profound effect on a lot of people. I guess the description of what a luge run is, was pretty accurate.. Lay down flat, go like hell, try not to die..

Have you see the Canadian Womans Biathalon team? Skiing and Guns can be sexy..
http://www.boldbeautifulbiathlon.com/

do they do this in Bikinis ?

Wait a Minute Guns in Canada ?

There are LOTS of guns in Canada.. A LOT more than the government thinks (or actually says) there are.. There is a Supreme Court Case being decided right now on the right of Canadians to own guns without a license.. Of course, when the Supremes finally decide this case, it has to be kept in mind that Canada's Supreme court is so left leaning, it's amazing they can even stand upright. Most, are not expecting a fair decision or anything like what was achieved in D.C. The worst part is, they can say no, and not even have to explain their decision. Just like your mother used to say... Why? Because...That's why. The Canadian Constitution Guarantees 'Security of the Person' but only I suppose if no-one gets hurt, except the victim. They do have to protect our revolving door 'Just-Us' industry, that keeps the money flowing to the Judges, Lawyers, Crowns, and the ever growing Canadian Grief Industry. (rant off :-\ )

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
ivan salis said:
but the curling ---what about the curling event.

I like the curling. You so rarely see that many women use a broom and to avoid being a sexist you so rarely see any men using a broom.
siegfried schlagrule

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also say No I don't care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread