Do you have the time Sir?

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a simple one for all the detector manufactures. Build a clock into the display on the detector or even better build in an alarm I can set. I always lose track of time then the wife calls to tell me we have to be somewhere in ten minutes. You will be saving me a lot of grief and possible a marriage..LOL.

If anyone uses this I don't want any money just send me one of the detectors.

NJ

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Brilliant... 'cept I want mine on a different power source, or, one that I don't hafta use everytime... I hate knowing what time it is...

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IndianaSmith said:
N.J.THer said:
the wife calls to tell me we have to be somewhere in ten minutes.

Your cell phone doesn't have a clock & alarm on it?? ???

Smitty

It does but when my hands are covered in mud I try to touch as few things as possible. This includes my phone and sleeve (I hate pulling my sleeve back to see my watch then getting big mud finger prints on the cuff). I don't get to hunt that often so I try to squeeze it in when I can...I've even detected in a business suit a few times. I work in a very urban area and I think the locals think I'm a police officer when I'm out in the park with a suit and swinging away.

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
lol, I can see where you might get some odd-looks wearing a suit while MDing ;D

I bought a pair of cheap ($9) mechanics-type gloves at Tractor Supply, they have a velcro strap across the back. They fit fairly snug, so they aren't bulky (or hot) to work in, even changing settings on the MD, and they come-off pretty quick. I never was one who could work in gloves, even in winter, but I don't have a problem wearing them while MDing. Should allow you plenty of time to pull a glove off & get to your cell.

Smitty

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you could just settle. That's what I had to do. I don't have a cell phone and no one can get in touch with me. If I'm needed to pick up milk or a loaf of bread, I can't be reached. Someone else has to do it. If I'm supposed to come home early because company is coming; it's the same story. I end up staying wherever I am for as long as I want. I feel slighted. :-\

S

stefen

The next thing that you'd want is a bicycle bulb horn to clear your path...or an automatic picker-upper...or whatever

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stefen said:
The next thing that you'd want is a bicycle bulb horn to clear your path...or an automatic picker-upper...or whatever

I like the bicycle bulb horn idea....could come in handy.

S

stefen

N.J.THer said:
stefen said:

I like the bicycle bulb horn idea....could come in handy.

Attachments

• LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 978
  • LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    LAUGHIN SMILY.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 975

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer,

I couldn't agree more with you.
I have exactly the same (wife) problem.
A metal Detector with a stopwatch alarm would be
great for me too.

It seems, IndianaSmith you are still lucky (single) and don't
know first hand about this subject..... Lucky you !!!

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Digman said:
It seems, IndianaSmith you are still lucky (single) and don't
know first hand about this subject..... Lucky you !!!

lol..... yep ;D Given 1/2 my stuff away 3 times already & ain't gonna play house no mo' ;D

Smitty

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why not just attatch a watch to the shaft somewhere?

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
baspinall said:

That would work but I was just thinking it would be pretty easy for the detector companies to add it to the display screen. I already have an inline probe attached to the detector...so I hate to keep adding more. Before you know it it will be bigger then your nomad. lol

NJ

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Now that I think about it, I think you can buy a small LED clock, about the size of a 50 cent piece. It has a piece of 2-sided tape on the back, stick it to the housing, when the battery dies, pitch it & replace it. I'd think you could get one with an alarm as well.

Smitty

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
This is absolutely the WORST idea EVER. How in the world am I supposed to tell my wife that I lost track of time if you folks get the manufacturers to put one on the machine??? Some ideas are best left un-thought. Or un-remembered, or forgotten, or whatever. For goodness sakes, MODERATOR, please delete this thread before White's gets ahold of it.

HH
vegasmtl

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vegasmtl said:
This is absolutely the WORST idea EVER. How in the world am I supposed to tell my wife that I lost track of time if you folks get the manufacturers to put one on the machine??? Some ideas are best left un-thought. Or un-remembered, or forgotten, or whatever. For goodness sakes, MODERATOR, please delete this thread before White's gets ahold of it.

HH
vegasmtl

My wife stays at least 50 feet from the detector at all times so I just won't tell her...LOL

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baspinall said:

Go to KMart get one of the green Timex watches $6.99 add a square of velcro Whaaaa laaaa!
Hint: Make sure you clear the alarm before putting your bag or case away ;D I spent a week trying to figure out what the heck was beeping at 6:46 everynight ::) Sure felt dumb when I finally figured out it was the detector in the closet. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread