do you keep or sell

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i sell the doubles.
but i am a kid and dont want to wait to pass down ;)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been keeping all mine, but am trying to get a PS3, so I'd be willing to let some coins go :)

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
I've never sold anything that I've found. I have sold things I have bought or traded for.

Burt

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell my coin roll hunting finds (silver and silver clad halves).But only out of neccessity at the moment.In a couple more months i'll be saving them again,hopefully for good.In the last four months,I have had to sell a lot of my silver coin finds, as well as all the gold jewelry that i've found and then some.I wish I wouldn't have had to but,sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to make ends meet. :( :( I don't have any kids but I do have a nephew that will be getting my collections one day.I feel sorry for all the junk this kid is going to inherit! ;D

Wpg_Lwr

Apr 18, 2007
It all depends.

First, I keep one of each year for myself.

If the condition is bad and the numismatic value is lower than bullion value, I sell it for that. If the numismatic value is higher, I sell it for that.

I also upgrade what I have on hand.

Condition is key, though. The better the condition, the more likely chance there is I will keep it.

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
pass it down, just make sure, you some how make it interesting for the kiddo your passing it down to, or it will be spent or sold. imagine, if you got a collection from your great great great grand dad, that would be awesome, even if it were like 50 coins. it would probally set you good for a few years eh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread