Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RAZZEL

Aug 29, 2007
Beautiful Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
BH-"FORTUNE HUNTER"
High to all,
I am new here and really impressed with what I see from all of you experts!!!! Way to go!!!! ;)

I have had this MD for a few years but never used it b4. ((Dad died and went into complete denial for 3 years. ))

Took my MD out this past weekend on our property- have a little over 2 acres in Northern AZ and found a penny. It was just a penny but that was way cool!!!! Guess i am hooked.
Wondering if any of you experts know anthing about the BH-Fortune Hunter Digital????

Many thanks-
Shine On :)

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wanted to say welcome to the hobby and to the forum..this is a great place. Glad you picked up the detector and gave it a try..no doubt, it is an addiction!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
No expert here, but welcome to the forum. There is plenty of know-how around here These folks are really terrific.

It's good that you got out and got a start! Now y'just keep on keepin' on and ya never know what you're gonna find.

HH
Nan :D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I found a picture of the BH Fortune Hunter, and I think it's the same as the Walmart version (Pioneer 202) and the current version of the BH Lone Star or Quick Draw II. Each year they all look a little different.

Either way, if it has new batteries, and you read some basic instructions (available from the Bounty Hunter web site), you have a machine that will find a ton of stuff. http://www.detecting.com/ where you can find this page: http://www.detecting.com/tutorials/quickdraw.html

Of course - the best teacher will be practice, practice, practice. It's a capable machine for the money (in yourcase not an issue) and as a life-long BH user I assure you it will find coins, relics, jewelry, and pulltabs by the score!

Welcome to treasurenet... I hope that first penny is the beginning of many more cool finds for you!

OP
OP
R

RAZZEL

Aug 29, 2007
Beautiful Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
BH-"FORTUNE HUNTER"
Thanks to all that posted. I just want to know if the MD i have is worth saving or not. ::)

Montana- Big thanks to you for your post. Made me feel a little better about my MD. "What HD do you ride? "

If anyone has any more advise or thoughts on this MD- would be really really appreciated.

Think I will stick with the BH and practice- practice- practice-until i have it down...?????

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
It will work fine if you don't hunt near the water or wet sands at beaches.(Mineralization!!!!).It is a lower end model, and the only problems I've had with it was, the ID read out.

On air tests it failed to correctly ID diffrent coins.I like analog, so you can just pay attention to hunting not the read out, and just listen to diffrent tones for ID.

If you are planning on up grading, you may want to look into Tesoro metal detectors very light weight and are great machines.
RD :)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
RD66 said:
It will work fine if you don't hunt near the water or wet sands at beaches.(Mineralization!!!!).It is a lower end model, and the only problems I've had with it was, the ID read out.

On air tests it failed to correctly ID diffrent coins.I like analog, so you can just pay attention to hunting not the read out, and just listen to diffrent tones for ID.

If you are planning on up grading, you may want to look into Tesoro metal detectors very light weight and are great machines.
RD :)

I do not disagree with any of this... except I like the tone with the visual.

It's a fine starter and will work very well... I understand that an upgrade will prolly be in store if you enjoy detecting and want to get a batter machine. However - check it out and go from there...

I ride a 2002 Fat Boy...(FI)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RD

Before you even think of upgrading you should learn your detector and read all you can about the higher priced models. Just because they cost more doesn't mean they find more. Just enjoy the fun of the hunt. If you have any questions someone will be sure to answer.

Welcome the hobby and forum.

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions