Here is an X-ray pic. of my screwed up back with the Titanium rods, screws etc..

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
I got a copy of my X-ray from my doc. today...I'm made of Metal! The two things on the bottom are 2 cages for the fusion, the thing with the wires is the internal bone stimulator which has since been removed and the thing at the top is two up and down bars, a cross brace, and like 6 screws...all made of titanium. How's that for one screwed up looking mess....
And yes, it DOES set off my Ace250...my Stepson gets a kick out of running the detector across my back and getting a tone...lol
100_7096.jpg

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
I think your doc is into MDing it looks like he found a use for his pull tabs. They are in the bottom of your back.
Hope everything works out for the better for you.
Joe

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
That will be a lot of fun the next time you go to the airport ;D

If you do travel... i'd keep a copy of that x-ray in my carry-on

steve

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
I hope all that helped you live more comfortably. I'm waiting for an MRI on my neck & back.......so your pics are scarin' the crap outta me :o

Smitty

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, you are bionic! and it does look for the all the world as if you've got a couple of pull tabs nesteled in your pelvis..is there something you want to tell us? Seriously, from the looks of those pics, it seems as if you've been through an awful lot. I hope that you are on the mend :)

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
thank god for technology,, or you might be " screwed" worse than you are..... heal fast and tect hard.......

S

stefen

You must play hell with airport security...

A few years back I was flying out of Fresno with a Retired AF Col who was having trouble passing security....

Finally this Dept of Motor Vehicle reject was passing a wand over him which was going crazy...

I told her to get him into a private security booth and check for brass balls...

She let him go ;D

OP
OP
MetalFury

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Re: Here is an X-ray pic. of my screwed up back with the Titanium rods, screws e

Thanks for the well wishes all...this board rocks! A little background...I herniated 2 discs in my back almost 6 yrs ago and have had 6 back operations since. I am on permanant disability, plenty of time to detect! As a matter of fact that's one of the reasons I picked up a detector, my doc. suggested that I get plenty of exercise so i bought a detector. I am constantly walking or bottle hunting or detecting or taking pics around town. Always on the go...I'm afraid that if I just sit around and do nothing I'll stiffen up and get arthritis and everything else.
I have to carry a card and note from my Doc. with me everywhere I go incase I set off detectors at airports etc. I'm pretty much on pain meds (vicodin) for the rest of my life but they do help the pain alot...without them I don't think I'd function very well. I live in New Jersey but plan on moving to a warmer climate next summer...planning on moving to the west coast of Fla. I have family in the Sarasota/Bradenton area and I lived in Fla. in the past off and on for over 20 years.
Once again, thank you all!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're all glad that your feeling better and will be able to get back into a somewhat normal life. Since you're considering beach areas to live, you might want to consider some shallow water detecting . . . it might be easier on your back.

Take care,
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread