Do you remember your first?

tgcougar

Jun 8, 2011
Skunk, that is?

So I didn't even get a kiss when that dirty skunk rogered me. No Colombian Expos. No proofs. No silver. Very few NIFC's, even. No $7 1983-D's (or whatever year has SFBay all lathered up).

Bound to happen sooner or later. Oh well, another box to shower my love on tomorrow.

Don't change that Bat channel!! Happy hunting all!

Tom

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
How could I ever forget?

My very first CRHing half box produced 7 keepers.

The very next box was a skunk, and was the start of a 20 box skunk streak. Talk about depressing. I almost quit this hobby altogether.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have had beginner's luck on my first half dollar box. Back in January this year was my first half dollar box. I started keeping details on my keepers starting late february so this is not very good of a record datewise.

My first half dollar box I searched for enders. I saw an unusually tarnished(goldish) half dollar heads and peeked to see the date(moved away the crimped edge) and it was a 1964! The box was my second best box to date: contained 1x 90% which was the 1964(got me hyped up) and 6x 40% coins and if I could remember correctly, the dates were mainly 68d and 69d.

Needless to say, I ordered a second box and got hooked, but the second box was a skunk..

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread