Do yuou pick up hitchikers?

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha great answer!! I do not but my wife recently tried because she’s too nice to say no. Thankfully for me my American bulldog was having NOTHING to do with them getting in the car. My dog would have literally eaten them haha

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a bit of an old joke but a serious subject, nevertheless.

When I was in college in the early 1970's, my main means of commuting between NC State and my home near Fayetteville, NC was by hitchhiking. There were times that I would get a ride that would take me from just off campus to nearly my home doorstep. The worst case was during a snow storm when it took me 13 rides to go 52 miles ... and the last mile and a half was walking toting my suitcases with me.

As for picking up hitchhikers, I don't even give it a thought these days. While it is my nature to do good to others (Jesus teaches us, "as you have done it to the least of these, you have done it to me"), there are just too many people out there these days with no morals and no qualms about taking what is mine, including my life. I figure there will be someone much younger than I and, thence, a harder target than I, that will give them a ride. Sounds harsh but feels so much safer.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I picked up a hitchhiker . Dude jumped out almost in front of me on the highway with his thumb out, so I hit the brakes cause I didn't want to kill the guy.

Since I was stopped anyway I figured I might as well help him out. So I picked him up by his belt and the scruff of his neck an threw a$$ in the ditch. :tongue3:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped and picked up a hitchhiker last month. After driving for a bit he pulls out a knife and says he is going to steal my truck! I slammed on the brakes leaned over his back opened his door and through his ass out of my truck breaking his arm from how he landed. He freaking out!! I told him, “You should quit hitchhiking because you never know who is going to pick you up.”

michaelt

Jan 20, 2013
I stopped and picked up a hitchhiker last month. After driving for a bit he pulls out a knife and says he is going to steal my truck! I slammed on the brakes leaned over his back opened his door and through his ass out of my truck breaking his arm from how he landed. He freaking out!! I told him, “You should quit hitchhiking because you never know who is going to pick you up.”
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not pick up people that I don't know. Let them :walk:. I hate to drive with a .38 cal. in my left hand pointed at the passenger side.:flag_red: So uncomfortable for an old man that needs left hand to operate the turn signals.:laughing7:
Marvin

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hitching around Colorado is pretty easy if you dont look like a total bum. I've hitched a few times and picked up a few also. Never any drama and I like the lack of commitment hehe.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure...All the time. I collect them! Don't look in my basement. 😱

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hitchhiked fro Mich to California when I was younger lots of crazy stories with that.lol I don't think a Hitchhiker would wanna get in my car sig can be kinda sauer!!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a one legged hitchhiker once I told him to hop in!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one with no legs I gave him a lift

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw a one legged hitchhiker once I told him to hop in!!!!

I think I saw him, too, but he had no arms ... figuring he was rather 'armless I, too, told him to 'op in!

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The only hitchhikers I pick up are the ones on my britches legs while in the woods relic hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread