DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Rick,
In the popular lore, it seems to be associated with the 'Spanish' (good Catholics) as a coded reference to Luke 12:34 and Matthew 6:21, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." It seems there may be some evidence that this may have some validity, but I think the idea has been way overplayed. Even so, below are three heart-shaped rocks found in very significant locations.

View attachment 992686
Near Santa Rita, NM

View attachment 992687
Cookes Range, NM

View attachment 992688
Organ Mountains, NM

I'm cautious about treasure maps in general, and especially ones available to the general public. NP's top photo in Post #72 is interesting, presumably being a copy of a 17th century map. For one thing, any time I see the word 'oro' on a 'treasure map', I bristle. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Caballo range was known in the 18th century as El Perrillo Sierra. That's troubling - seems like if the 1861 map was copied from a 1646 map, the new copy shouldn't have been edited. What's the provenance of this map?

That said, it's interesting that I have found a few of the map's symbols myself at specific and significant locations having to do with treasure rumors in sw New Mexico (below).

View attachment 992705
Alleged Aztec site, Cookes Range, NM

View attachment 992715

View attachment 992709
_____ Creek, NM

View attachment 992713
Cookes Range, NM

That is a great post Springfield!

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

Rick,
In the popular lore, it seems to be associated with the 'Spanish' (good Catholics) as a coded reference to Luke 12:34 and Matthew 6:21, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." It seems there may be some evidence that this may have some validity, but I think the idea has been way overplayed. Even so, below are three heart-shaped rocks found in very significant locations.

View attachment 992686
Near Santa Rita, NM

View attachment 992687
Cookes Range, NM

View attachment 992688
Organ Mountains, NM

I'm cautious about treasure maps in general, and especially ones available to the general public. NP's top photo in Post #72 is interesting, presumably being a copy of a 17th century map. For one thing, any time I see the word 'oro' on a 'treasure map', I bristle. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Caballo range was known in the 18th century as El Perrillo Sierra. That's troubling - seems like if the 1861 map was copied from a 1646 map, the new copy shouldn't have been edited. What's the provenance of this map?

That said, it's interesting that I have found a few of the map's symbols myself at specific and significant locations having to do with treasure rumors in sw New Mexico (below).

View attachment 992705

View attachment 992715

View attachment 992709
_____ Creek, NM

View attachment 992713
Cookes Range, NM

Thanks Springfield, great pictures as always.

A couple of the hearts you show look small enough to be easily moved but it seems like they might have been placed so that they wouldn't be seen unless you knew where to look for them. Do you think these small hearts might have been the final clue that would point out direction and distance? I've seen something similar though not with a stone heart. A stone map showed the placement of the final marker as well as two other much larger markers. If it hadn't been for the map, I never would have found the last stone. I wonder if these small hearts were used the same way.

By the way, if any of you treasure hunters around Phoenix, Arizona are stuck in your hunt because something seems to be missing, my neighbor has a real nice little chiseled heart in her garden that her in-laws found while they were out hiking. :BangHead:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Thanks Springfield, great pictures as always.

A couple of the hearts you show look small enough to be easily moved but it seems like they might have been placed so that they wouldn't be seen unless you knew where to look for them. Do you think these small hearts might have been the final clue that would point out direction and distance? I've seen something similar though not with a stone heart. A stone map showed the placement of the final marker as well as two other much larger markers. If it hadn't been for the map, I never would have found the last stone. I wonder if these small hearts were used the same way.

By the way, if any of you treasure hunters around Phoenix, Arizona are stuck in your hunt because something seems to be missing, my neighbor has a real nice little chiseled heart in her garden that her in-laws found while they were out hiking. :BangHead:

The 'near Santa Rita' heart was in an extremely remote location. Fifty yards away was the following interesting sight:
Mine South 3-2.jpg
Maybe some day I'll take a pick & shovel to it.

[OT. I've been a bit distracted today. Yesterday afternoon, I was inside the house keeping out of the wind and went ouside to get something from the yard. Below is what I saw to the north. Today I've been cheering on the slurry bombers.]

signal.jpg

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Not Peralta, I hope you don't mind me posting this next link. I got sidetracked on the origin of the heart symbol. Marius and Oroblanco posted that the heart symbol is very old and, following their tip, I ran across this link. Maybe it's been posted before on Tnet, but I've never seen it.

Palaeolithic Writing.

Looking at the National Geographic map, it seems that the heart symbol was only found at 3 sites in France.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The 'near Santa Rita' heart was in an extremely remote location. Fifty yards away was the following interesting sight:
View attachment 993522
Maybe some day I'll take a pick & shovel to it.

[OT. I've been a bit distracted today. Yesterday afternoon, I was inside the house keeping out of the wind and went ouside to get something from the yard. Below is what I saw to the north. Today I've been cheering on the slurry bombers.]

View attachment 993526

Thanks Springfield.

Was the small Santa Rita heart lined up in such a way that it pointed to the hole? The small marker I found was as big as my open hand and shaped like a D. There was a small pointer rock less than a foot away that pointed to a notch on the marker. 100 feet away was a large hole in the ground. I also wonder if the small markers might be a way to date a site. If a place was uninhabited, you could probably get away with big noticeable markers. But if there were a lot of people poking around, a smaller, hard to find marker, would make more sense. Just a guess.

That fire is putting out a lot of smoke. Looks like a volcano erupting.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does anyone even know that the symbols used throughout the American southwest were actually Spanish treasure symbols,like the heart and etc.? sometimes I think we give the Spanish too much credit. They were not the only people hunting for treasures in the new world. And who decided what the interpretation of the symbols meant.np:cat:

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does anyone even know that the symbols used throughout the American southwest were actually Spanish treasure symbols,like the heart and etc.? sometimes I think we give the Spanish too much credit. They were not the only people hunting for treasures in the new world. And who decided what the interpretation of the symbols meant.np:cat:

please ignore me i just had to say amen and halleluiah to your last post !:thumbsup:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

I strongly agree with your statements in bold (I put them in bold) - for it is very true in my opinion. There is reason to believe that people were coming to America centuries before Christ, seeking gold, silver etc and may have used this 'secret land' as a last repository for their treasures when their homelands were facing destruction. Also, too many ordinary Amerindian symbols (petroglyphs, pictograms) are immediately thought to be Spanish when they are nothing of the kind. As the good book says, know what is before your eyes and what is hidden will become clear to you.

Please do continue, just wanted to say something because "like" was not a strong enough reply for me. :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
I strongly agree with your statements in bold (I put them in bold) - for it is very true in my opinion. There is reason to believe that people were coming to America centuries before Christ, seeking gold, silver etc and may have used this 'secret land' as a last repository for their treasures when their homelands were facing destruction. Also, too many ordinary Amerindian symbols (petroglyphs, pictograms) are immediately thought to be Spanish when they are nothing of the kind. As the good book says, know what is before your eyes and what is hidden will become clear to you.

Please do continue, just wanted to say something because "like" was not a strong enough reply for me. :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

Hear hear! I couldn't agree more - great post, np.

And, Oro - it looks like we're now on the same page too.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP

The treasure signs were made from those who possessed the treasures and not by the hunters .

Don't exist treasure sign in the ancient time . Then , the " treasures " from loots , taxes and gifts , a part was going to the kingdom's treasury for their needs and other part for the king's personal treasure . If anybody seek for a king treasure , just have to find his tomb . Is like with a pirate or bandit treasure . If you haven't an accurate map or an accurate tale , you will never find it .

I believe how the Spanish and some religious orders have accumulated " treasures " in the New World and they created the present treasure signs .

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
NP

The treasure signs were made from those who possessed the treasures and not by the hunters .

Don't exist treasure sign in the ancient time . Then , the " treasures " from loots , taxes and gifts , a part was going to the kingdom's treasury for their needs and other part for the king's personal treasure . If anybody seek for a king treasure , just have to find his tomb . Is like with a pirate or bandit treasure . If you haven't an accurate map or an accurate tale , you will never find it .

I believe how the Spanish and some religious orders have accumulated " treasures " in the New World and they created the present treasure signs .

Unfortunately, some "mischievous" persons have been making fake treasure signs for some time now. Referring to the Superstitions there were exactly 2 sunburst/oro signs in the entire range as of 1960, but as of a few years ago, there are now 18 of them. I do not know that this has been going on with Victorio Peak however it would not surprise me either.

Please do continue,
Oroblanco

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, some "mischievous" persons have been making fake treasure signs for some time now. Referring to the Superstitions there were exactly 2 sunburst/oro signs in the entire range as of 1960, but as of a few years ago, there are now 18 of them. I do not know that this has been going on with Victorio Peak however it would not surprise me either.

Please do continue,
Oroblanco

Roy

A treasure hunter have to be informed . From my own research , I knew how were only two sunburst /oro signs in the Superstitions . One just north of the Weaver's Needle and another on Black Top Mesa . I have pictures from both , in which could be seen how the signs have the same signature ( P - Peralta ) . These signs are " locator " and tell you where exactly is the mining region .
But , if somebody don't know the history of the region where are doing the research but know the meaning of this sign , is not difficult to understand if the sign is accurate or fake . Could take from his time , from one second to some hours .

Nappy701

Dec 7, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a nice heart stomper. Any info or help would be appreciated. I took the heart picture looking strait up its the ceiling of the cave entrance. I assume this is a death trap it looks like it could fall down at anytime and crush u.
image-2805077070.jpg

image-2397623575.jpg

Attachments

• image-3132727218.jpg
    image-3132727218.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 239
  • image-599822708.jpg
    image-599822708.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 221
  • image-996147473.jpg
    image-996147473.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nappy701

Is dangerous , but natural . No handmade sign , no trap . Good luck in your future research .

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After starting this thread and giving my theory and opinion on the subject, I had someone try to remind me of the eye witnesses that helped doc noss bring gold
bars and other items out of v.p., my answer to that is anyone that uses that as a fact for treasure being at v.p.,Has definitely been bitten by their Estebans, and are well on their way
to becoming a fray marcos.Coronado's curse is alive and well.np:cat:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
After starting this thread and giving my theory and opinion on the subject, I had someone try to remind me of the eye witnesses that helped doc noss bring gold
bars and other items out of v.p., my answer to that is anyone that uses that as a fact for treasure being at v.p.,Has definitely been bitten by their Estebans, and are well on their way
to becoming a fray marcos.Coronado's curse is alive and well.np:cat:

When Marcos was appointed as Mexico's minister provincial in 1541, he and Rodrigo must have enjoyed great laughter at Coronado's expense. Maybe, "You should have seen his face when he saw Hawikuh!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread