New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
OK - a director's chair for Oro, a comfortable shovel with a padded end for me to lean on ... and I guess an old dinged-up pick and shovel (working models) for Don Jose. Don't worry, t-tramp, we'll provide a nice pair of gloves too.

Seriously, I would be happy to help for the pleasure of seeing the result; can't do as much work as I once could, but would sure operate the shovel as much as I can.

Please do continue;
Oroblanco

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Seriously, I would be happy to help for the pleasure of seeing the result; can't do as much work as I once could, but would sure operate the shovel as much as I can.

Please do continue;
Oroblanco

Unfortunately, that particular hole has serious security risks attached. Anyway, my lower back and hands paid a dear price to the beloved pick and shovel in days gone by. Actually, I preferred a 24" forged crowbar, a 12" flat-tipped screwdriver and a short-handled shovel, but my digging days are probably behind me, .... unless ...

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome mallent, Glad to have you join us, keep watching theres more to come, If you want to share some of your treasure hunting adventures your in the right place, np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes the caballo mnts so special that someone would want to go through all the trouble to hide a huge treasure in this location,
theres a reason for everything, what would have been their motives, and why didn't they come back and recover It. what history is lost
here.? any Idea's. np:cat:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
What makes the caballo mnts so special that someone would want to go through all the trouble to hide a huge treasure in this location,
theres a reason for everything, what would have been their motives, and why didn't they come back and recover It. what history is lost
here.? any Idea's. np:cat:

Logistics. It's a big, nasty, cave-riddled ridge with a million places to hide stuff. Right at its toe is the Rio Grande and the easiest access to most all of New Mexico for, probably, thousands of years. No-brainer. Same goes for the Organs, above Las Cruces. Hembrillo Basin? - more remote, less water.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Springfield . If they had to choose between the caves , they would choose a cave easy to reach , with good lookout and water close by .

Now , because we are talking about water , I give you a clue . In the red map , the trail after the " pasar " is not the closest . They have chosen this trail because little before turns to the " almacen " has a water tank . And is this :

wtank.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most Treasure hunters and researchers, that have been gifted in one way or another, through research or enlightenment of some form
will find out later in life that it would have been better to have shared the knowledge they possess. enlightenment to others for their dreams
and means of escape is why you were given the knowledge in the first place. when the time comes share it with others, holding on to lost secrets
is why they became lost to start with. no matter how big or small , every detail could be the key to opening the past, and solving a mystery. np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im just curious, has anyone had a chance to use the info I posted on here about what doc had hidden next to the spring at Rincon? this is first hand knowledge of something hidden by doc that has never had the location given out to my knowledge. I hope someone takes the time to go look. because, as far as I know the family never did, good luck. np:cat:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my response to your post about that: "I live in Albuquerque, and can serve as feet, but have no time to research the claims out. I'm already heavily invested research wise in three other projects, but love to find excuses to drive and hunt on sites. I was in the Narrows at the Malpais just last week, working on some leads with a friend from the Acoma Pueblo. If you are willing to feed me maps, directions, etc. I can go to claim sites and take photos & video, and have metal detectors too."

But I never heard a thing...

Im just curious, has anyone had a chance to use the info I posted on here about what doc had hidden next to the spring at Rincon? this is first hand knowledge of something hidden by doc that has never had the location given out to my knowledge. I hope someone takes the time to go look. because, as far as I know the family never did, good luck. np:cat:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not Peralta, if you want me to go check anything out, Shoot me a PM with GPS coordinates and any other info on the claims in question.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UncleMatt, after this weekend I will pm you. thank you. np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen some of the things that have come out of the caballo's , and I have seen many different types of gold and silver bars, the two gold bars that I saw had Spanish symbols, Im sure they were fake,even the symbols didn't make sense, but I can honestly say most of the gold and silver bars that I saw would predate the Spanish, and a lot of the other items ive seen were Aztec and early
jewish christion religious items, which at the time was very curious to me, any one else see this type of gold or silver bars from the caballo's, please let me know. np:cat:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I have seen some of the things that have come out of the caballo's , and I have seen many different types of gold and silver bars, the two gold bars that I saw had Spanish symbols, Im sure they were fake,even the symbols didn't make sense, but I can honestly say most of the gold and silver bars that I saw would predate the Spanish, and a lot of the other items ive seen were Aztec and early
jewish christion religious items, which at the time was very curious to me, any one else see this type of gold or silver bars from the caballo's, please let me know. np:cat:

I've never been to New Mexico but here are some things that might get you started on your research.

Alonso de Estrada

Benveniste

Cause for Canonization of Servant of God Queen Isabel the Catholic

The Edict of Expulsion of the Jews - 1492 Spain

You might want to research the converso and crypto Jews that were involved in the exploration and settlement of the southwest and Mexico as well as other places in the New World.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDOG, thank you ,some I have already research, I even have friends in different areas doing great research on the very subject im talking about, theres always been lost knowledge and history that we were never taught, about fourty years ago is when I personally started becoming aware of these different civilizations , things just kept occurring that didn't make sense to me, so I started asking the hard questions hoping to get answers. thank you. np:cat:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
MDOG, thank you ,some I have already research, I even have friends in different areas doing great research on the very subject im talking about, theres always been lost knowledge and history that we were never taught, about fourty years ago is when I personally started becoming aware of these different civilizations , things just kept occurring that didn't make sense to me, so I started asking the hard questions hoping to get answers. thank you. np:cat:

You're welcome. This stuff is very interesting to me. I like to read Roger Snow's posts about evidence that the Phoenicians mined in the southwest. Here's a link about a Choctaw/Chickasaw legend.

https://www.chickasaw.net/Our-Nation/Culture/Beliefs/Legends.aspx

I believe the Mound Building cultures used latitude to set up their sacred sites. I also like Roger's stories about the Tanit columns placed up high.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
You're welcome. This stuff is very interesting to me. I like to read Roger Snow's posts about evidence that the Phoenicians mined in the southwest. Here's a link about a Choctaw/Chickasaw legend.

https://www.chickasaw.net/Our-Nation/Culture/Beliefs/Legends.aspx

I believe the Mound Building cultures used latitude to set up their sacred sites. I also like Roger's stories about the Tanit columns placed up high.

Here's a possible link between this legend and your area.

The latitude of the sacred mound, Nanih Waiya is 32deg 55' 17". This place is in Mississippi.
Victorio Peak, far to the west, is at 32deg 55' 26".

Kinda strange.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread