Greenie
Feb 14, 2014
Biloxi, MS.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 3000/d
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be 46 next month, and I've been around metal detectors since the mid 70's, and I've never heard anyone use the terms "juice" or "nectar" until I saw that show diggers, where the guys jump around like broke dick dogs over a penny or dime.. Has anyone else heard these terms before? My dad had an old White's that was huge, and I was the bag holder for years, and he never said stuff like that....

Upvote 0

bone collector

Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must not have found any nectar yet then? Lmao no I don't know of anyone that talks hip hop detecter talk but if I did I wouldn't hunt with them

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those guys are crazier than a duck shot in the a$$. Mid 70's,you and your Dad must have scored BIG TIME,I know I did! SO many virgin spots.

GOD Bless

Chris

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there's only two people that detect and talk like that.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all just from that stupid show...I'm willing to bet even THEY really don't talk like that.

Whats sucks is these guys are probally stand up , pretty cool people...but the show doesnt want that, they want someone completely over the top. Which I have noticed sometimes they even look uncomfortable saying some things.

Its all prime Time TV and that's it, the show doesnt care what they find...its all about what will pull ratings...and I guess they Think this is how you do it

Hawkeye35

Feb 16, 2014
In an interview they said that they did come up with some of that lingo while making instructional dvd's before the show ever happened. They're pretty cool guys even though they can get a little crazy at times. You can see the interview on their website or on Garrett's youtube channel. There is also a video of them on a hunt without all the added sound effects and other embellishments.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In an interview they said that they did come up with some of that lingo while making instructional dvd's before the show ever happened. They're pretty cool guys even though they can get a little crazy at times. You can see the interview on their website or on Garrett's youtube channel. There is also a video of them on a hunt without all the added sound effects and other embellishments.

It is like having a fishing program on TV and making up all new terms.......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any TV show needs "Characters", a little over the top, a little over animated. If it doesn't grab and hold your attention, off to the next channel we go.

No body talks like that, except "diggers" groupies.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any TV show needs "Characters", a little over the top, a little over animated. If it doesn't grab and hold your attention, off to the next channel we go.

No body talks like that, except "diggers" groupies.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the words I say when I find sumthin is **** son of a ***** or **** ya

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
next up is my idea " Naked Detecting" you'll love it

PS I should mention it is me ( clothed) and a supermodel ( naked)

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried going "juice" and "nectar " at a house I was trying to get permission to hunt...was told to leave:-[

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was going to say, we don't make up goofy terms. But I remember back when I joined Tnet in 2007, on many posts a silver coin was referred to as a "wilver". Don't know who started it, or why, but you saw it in a whole lot of posts until it faded away. Always wondered about it though.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wondering how I comment here yet not on my subscription list?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Funny... my favorite shows on TV are the ones like History Detectives where the people act perfectly normal and the show is real and informative. Who tells the producers that what the public wants is stupid juvenile crap ? I bet it's produced by the same people that created American Chopper or Storage Wars where there's always a bad guy, always people being overly dramatic, etc. Every time one of the "Diggers" sticks his hand in a hole and starts screaming I think he got bit by a poison spider....

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
We all must be missing out because according to the pop up on the screen in reference to "detector lingo" with the definition we must all talk like morons Hahahahaha

There's roundness in the hole must be from Hannibal Nectar

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mercs, Wheaties, zincolns...naw, Ive never heard someone use slang detecting terms. :tongue3:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It is like having a fishing program on TV and making up all new terms.......

I know the new words they make up will never get used by me and most here will not use them … To much of a change for the real words we use … I do not think we will change our words like . find . coin . ring , crap . silver , gold .. over one tv show .. Some will for some are followers …. But for me to change my lingo for words like that nope it will never happen………..

Last edited:

Kmaster8

Greenie
Mar 20, 2014
Portsmouth , Va.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think a lot of the lingo and overly acted antics of detecting madness was to draw in people that wouldn't otherwise tune in to watch or even be into metal detecting or relic hunting. Who knows its scripted ...I mean reality TV . lol

Dig on everyone !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions