Does anyone know about Riedell ice skates?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
A few months ago, my dad picked up a pair of Riedell women's ice skates for $5.

My dad is great about trying to pick for me. When he called, I couldn't look them up to see their value. I told him to go ahead and pop on them, since it was worth the $5 gamble.

These look new and unused, but I can't make heads or tails of the Riedell skate market. Just by the feel and quality of the skates, I'm guessing that someone dropped some jack on these skates when they were new.

When is the best time of the year to list these?

How do I figure (pun intended) out if I have a consumer model, or a high end pair of skates?

I am tempted to start a .99 auction, and just see what they bring, but I don't know when to list them.

Whaddaya think, fellow sellers?

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm just guessing here but I would think, with winter approaching, that this would be a good time of year to list them. I have only bought one pair of shoes in the past. Those were leather motorcycle boots with a Harley-Davidson logo embroidered on them. If it wasn't for the Harley brand, I would not have bought them. I have shied away from shoes because fit is such a critical thing. I would think this would be even more so in athletic gear like this.

I would make the following suggestion... Before doing a $0.99 auction, put them on ebay with a starting price near the higher end of the price range you see for this brand. See how much attention they get. If you get a lot of views and watchers, you will know your listing is being noticed by your target market. I think the problem with an auction-style listing for an item like this is there will be a limited number of people likely to be seriously interested. Your potential buyers are limited to ice skaters who wear that size shoe. I think a BIN-Best Offer style listing would be better.

I was just looking at the Riedell web site (Riedell Figure Skates | Eclipse Blades | John Wilson MK Blades). Even the lowest end skates are $60 so, if yours are in really good condition, for $5 you can't go wrong. I noticed Riedell has model #s for their different types of skates. Look at their web site and note the model numbers. Then look inside the boot and see if you can find a number similar to the ones you see on the web site. That may give you a good idea what you have.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread