Whats these worth please?

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a couple vases I picked up a couple weeks ago. The big one is early fenton custard glass, and the other is the same I think. Shop quoted me 30 for large and 25 for small. What do you guys think? Both glow in black light.

image-2193773601.jpg

image-134119812.jpg

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The bottom one sure looks like Fenton; my mom loves that stuff. Sorry I can't be any help to you though.
- DS

Last edited:

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of Fenton stuff does well right now as people are buying it up before the prices go even higher. After all it hasn't been that long since they closed down the factory. The vase in the 2nd pic is very common, lot's of those around & it would be slightly more desirable if it had a hand painted scene & signature on it & it would be a LOT more desirable if it had pink mixed in around the top rim (like Burmese glass) . It's about a $5 to $6 piece at the auctions I go to. The other vase is probably a little more valuable (I can't judge it's size from the pic but bigger is always better & thus more expensive). Things like Fenton Fairy lamps do terrible as do most small Fenton pieces.

Do those both have a satin finish or just the smaller one or neither (most of the ones in the 2nd pic are satin finished) but not all of em.

BTW your camera sucks! Need much better pix when asking questions about em.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know my camera sucks its a iPod camera. I don't have a computer so that's what I use. The bigger one I wish had the painting on them but on well I was happy with what I got. The smaller one is a deeper green not satin. It actually has the same color as a old Vaseline jar. About 10 inches maybe skittle shorter.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The smaller one is a deeper green not satin. It actually has the same color as a old Vaseline jar. About 10 inches maybe skittle shorter.

A deeper green? If it's green then its sherbert or jadeite not custard, custard is a creamy white ivory color. Sherbert is well sherbert color + usually satin finished & jadeite is jade color that usually never has a satin finish instead highly polished (both are a light creamy green). If its clear type glass its none of those as you can't see thru custard, jadeite or sherbert.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A deeper green? If it's green then its sherbert or jadeite not custard, custard is a creamy white ivory color. Sherbert is well sherbert color + usually satin finished & jadeite is jade color that usually never has a satin finish instead highly polished (both are a light creamy green). If its clear type glass its none of those as you can't see thru custard, jadeite or sherbert.

It's more the color of petroleum jelly and vapor rub. Lol thanks for the help but ill get it figured out its hard to tell if your not holding it.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful. I said less than that and the whining entitled ones started complaining that I was mean, nasty and arrogant. See- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...initials-numbering-lettering.html#post3675561 read it, it's ridiculous.

I wasn't being mean, really! Those pix are terrible, at least I didn't say his picture taking ability sucks & instead I blamed it on his cam which I'm sure is was it is. And ya I've seen some of the members give other members a hard time over something they said "even jokingly" to others on here but I've also seen them back right off when the majority do see the humor in it & they let it be known they found it funny & that the ones having a hard time with it need to lighten up!

One of the threads is one of the best ever if you like when someone messes with someones head for a minute, I actually thought the one who was getting messed with was just playing along with it, playing dumb but he wasn't. Made it all the more funnier, guys were like that isn't at all cool but it sure was funny & most agreed! I'll find the link to the thread for you, it's more than a great read I promise & it got Banner nominations too. Most of the people who had no since of humor ended up deleting their own comments but TCIM (the replier) quoted those comments & addressed them so you can still read the comments they deleted.

Here's the link.... http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-indian-artifacts/305936-arrowheads.html

And BTW I read you're thread... You told em in the end! I see it like this.. I don't beat around the bush either! I don't say anything on here I wouldn't say to anyone's face anywhere no matter how well I know them or don't know them. If you show me a pic & ask a question about something in the pic but the pic is terrible I'm gonna say get a new freaking camera or learn to take a picture if you want my true thoughts on the item that I can't even make out. If that's offensive then whoever you are you're just wired too tight & really need to lighten way up.... I can tell you & I think a lot alike!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread