Does anyone know what this toy Cast Army guy is?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this up today at an old property I have permission to hunt on.It was about 12 inches deep! It kinda looks like he has a WW1 Helmet on? It is very heavy and cast out of some kind of metal.
00310_zps1bb04a7e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0046_zpsd4447b0a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Great recovery!!

It might be a "Manoil" M-9 or M-10 Officer. . . see if there's a number & name on the bottom.

Again, great find! I love those.

Most of the similar ones that I;ve seen have been cast out of lead. Yours appears to of a WW1 figure. Very nice find, most of the ones I've seen lately have been later reproductions. I have also seen the casting molds available at flea markets. HH

Great recovery!!

It might be a "Manoil" M-9 or M-10 Officer. . . see if there's a number & name on the bottom.

Again, great find! I love those.
Can't find anything on the bottom? I believe it's the Manoil M-10 Officer Model. It's in pretty sad shape though. The barrel on the rifle is missing and it has a large cut in the side of the right boot! Might have got hit by a lawn mower?:dontknow:
00311_zps309bf116.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
00215_zps1964b4c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
00115_zps8977e9a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
metal_detector_searching.gif
Geeez, I can remember playing with similar ones when I was a young puppy rks1949.
I never had any tin ones,but a lot of plastic one's (green plastic,and came in a bag).

I just cleaned one of these(an officer) up for a friend of mine. Both are wearing a Sam Browne Belt - it's pre 1940's for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back