harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
I am a newbie with limited cash, that would really like to get my feet wet.....no pun intended in this hobby/passion. I've gotten some really good feedback from veteran members about not buying junk and so forth. I appreciate that good advice. But armed with that knowledge.........Does anyone actually own one of these machines?

I would love to get feedback from some user/owners. I liked the video I saw of how the machine works. I also like that it is very lightweight. I also really like how it supposedly shows you what sort of metal is down there. I don't plan on getting in the water, and am a mature careful person, so wouldn't be abusing it. Also honest opinion of the company service would be nice.

My philosophy is the hobby is going to have to pay for itself after the initial purchase. I just would like some assurance that I can get by with this machine and be fairly happy with it for 6 months. The ads say the coil is water proof, but other computer box is resistant. in truth.....can I scan waters edge on wet sand and maybe a couple inches of water and not ruin it? Or would I need to stay on dry sand and carry a plastic bag in case caught in a shower?

Public or private replies are great.....thanks!
Joy in Fl

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI
i was looking at this model lately, thinking of getting one. it sounds great on paper. Did you get one? sorry no one answered you back when, but maybe nobody owned one who read your post.

OP
OP
harleyroadangel

harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
scaupus said:
HI
i was looking at this model lately, thinking of getting one. it sounds great on paper. Did you get one? sorry no one answered you back when, but maybe nobody owned one who read your post.
I've been told they fall apart...to save up for a better model.

adamyang

Greenie
Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yea i do its a great machine ive already found so much every time it bleeps you find something recentley i was at my cousins and we found a 1920s gingerbeer bottle with it it has good depth and is bieng misled by everyone else its just that theyy think that america is the best o racist(no offence) its so easy to use im 13 an i can fully use it its a good buy!!!!

flintstone

Mar 12, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,FISHER CZ7A,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Angel, If you want a good starter detector, go to Whites web. and look at there Classic hunter. It is $179.95 new. I got one of these for my friend and the first time out found a silver dime at 8". This is a grate little detector to start with, light,ease to use. If you don,t like it email me and i will buy it back from you for what you paid. How can you beat that? Good Luck Flintstone

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
The best entry level detector I've ever seen is the Tesoro Silver Umax. And after you get the hang of it, it's a good advanced detector also. It's the one detector that a lot of people start with and never get rid of. Best value out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread