Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that the best processors ( the intel pentium pro from the mid 90s ) have about 1 gram of gold in them, and that is on the high end.

I am respectfully doubtful that you have 25 grams of 22-24K gold from two computers. The parts that would have gold would be the RAM sticks, and the processors. Maybe some little bits here and there, but we are talking about MICRO plated parts, that are less than a square inch. Unless you are talking about a server chassis with 16 Pentium pro processors, and 32 sticks of ram...

Perhaps, other metals are mixed in with your AU extraction?

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have heard that the best processors ( the intel pentium pro from the mid 90s ) have about 1 gram of gold in them, and that is on the high end. I am respectfully doubtful that you have 25 grams of 22-24K gold from two computers. The parts that would have gold would be the RAM sticks, and the processors. Maybe some little bits here and there, but we are talking about MICRO plated parts, that are less than a square inch. Unless you are talking about a server chassis with 16 Pentium pro processors, and 32 sticks of ram... Perhaps, other metals are mixed in with your AU extraction?
I will check in my safe and see if I find the gold hopping I didn't melt it together with others . If I haven't I'll put it on my scale and take a picture and post it for you .

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have heard that the best processors ( the intel pentium pro from the mid 90s ) have about 1 gram of gold in them, and that is on the high end. I am respectfully doubtful that you have 25 grams of 22-24K gold from two computers. The parts that would have gold would be the RAM sticks, and the processors. Maybe some little bits here and there, but we are talking about MICRO plated parts, that are less than a square inch. Unless you are talking about a server chassis with 16 Pentium pro processors, and 32 sticks of ram... Perhaps, other metals are mixed in with your AU extraction?
Ok you said you had heard ! We'll I was wrong and I will admit that . It wasn't 3 grams I retrieved it was 2.2 grams . I am trying to post the pictures .

Attachments

• image-3340039230.jpg
    image-3340039230.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 192
  • image-1374695827.jpg
    image-1374695827.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 193
  • image-26661363.jpg
    image-26661363.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 184
  • image-2265514205.jpg
    image-2265514205.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 179

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok you said you had heard ! We'll I was wrong and I will admit that . It wasn't 3 grams I retrieved it was 2.2 grams . I am trying to post the pictures .
I do essays for my self and a few others . Not a professional but learning . And have been for a bought 5 years . I don't know everything but I'm not green to prospecting . Mining . Assaying . And a lot more I don't need to mention . I hope you can use this as good information . Just like most on here every one likes and wants to share there knowledge .

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do essays for my self and a few others . Not a professional but learning . And have been for a bought 5 years . I don't know everything but I'm not green to prospecting . Mining . Assaying . And a lot more I don't need to mention . I hope you can use this as good information . Just like most on here every one likes and wants to share there knowledge .
i just noticed the decimal did not take on the 2.5 grams I was posting earlier . But still just under . On the gold retrieved . So yes there is gold to reclaim in computers and cell phones .

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just noticed the decimal did not take on the 2.5 grams I was posting earlier . But still just under . On the gold retrieved . So yes there is gold to reclaim in computers and cell phones .

Hey nice tj and also if your doing computers save the fans there are uses for them like people that do car audio use them to cool their amps if they are in little confined places.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey nice tj and also if your doing computers save the fans there are uses for them like people that do car audio use them to cool their amps if they are in little confined places.
I do keep the fans . There 12 volt . Why I keep them I'm not sure . But I do .

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a friend that had a mine and mill use to run computer boards through his mill for years.
these were boards from old IBM mainframes and he recovered a large amount of gold.
Over the years the amounts of gold have gone down in computers.

the friend crushed to 100 mash with low grade ore from his mine and cyanided

nuclearwhiskey

Jan 31, 2014
Western NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a dumpster diver and find probably 20 computers a season and a TON of monitors and TVS on top of everything else. If I wasnt so nervous about the process with refining gold, I could make a good amount i am sure. Hell I have 6 computers ready to be scrapped right now and my season has not even started.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could find more. I just pull the boards out, pull the heat sinks, ram, cpu, and wires off of the boards, and then sell the boards that way. I am considering pulling capacitors and maybe even pins, but I haven't yet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only charter members can reply to sell..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread