Does anyone survive alone?

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me go in a different direction here...
if you mean survive alone as actually metal detect alone then i say yes you can survive alone ....but you cant really " live " until you Metal Detect with some one else.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
let me go in a different direction here...
if you mean survive alone as actually metal detect alone then i say yes you can survive alone ....but you cant really " live " until you Metal Detect with some one else.

I think this is based on what type of person you are. Some get satisfaction directly from there achievements while others get satisfaction from there achievements being recognized. It's all about there personal makeup. I personally don't need the recognition. Frank...
111-1 profilecracked.jpg

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HDT went home and his mom did his laundry. Nuff said. We are social animals. But, if you want to try by all means. I suggest a tropical environment, or temperate. Stay away from deserts or extreems. If you can't start a fire 3 different ways without a modern device like a lighter, flynt, or matches, you need to learn [You need to know how to at least make and use a bow drill, without even a shoe lace to assist]. And then you need to learn to do it in wet/damp conditions. There are books on primative tech you can buy. Keep in mind, once ill, you will need to return to home base. John Muir found that out the hard way. Good luck.

Here I just want to get suggestions about this question does anyone survive alone on a world? If you have any suggestion about it so you should must share with me and also with all because someone want to live alone here so I am doing this all for that.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I come from a background with many friends, grew up this way. My free time I often spent alone camping, kayaking touring, etc. BUT, my day to day life always included friends and a social life. I was very happy.

2007, father & mother start having health issues and either someone moves in with them or they are going to have to go to assisted living. I am the only local, single child, so I move in. Suddenly life changes. In 2010, with increasing health issues we move my parents to Florida, I have to go with them, friends, job, all social life is left behind. Life has become all too consuming and confining. Absolutely no social life, no friends to socialize with, on a good day I can get away for 4 or 5 hours but I must always stay close.

Take my word for it, living a lonely, restricted life sucks! It might seem a good thing for a few days, or a week, or even a month or two, but once it becomes an existence it can really start taking a toll on you, both physically and mentally. People seldom understand why I enjoy a few hours each day on a crowded summer beach but the answer is quite simple. Look when I rejoined this forum, the number of post. It is a type of social life for me now. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Several times in my life I've been totally alone.. but, it wasn't by choice.

Sometimes a man can be in a a large group of people.. but, just as well be in a remote desert.

Many times being alone is a mindset... and doesn't have to depend on a physical location.

This is a good example...

Another "Solid Gold"!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Living alone can be the best choice depending on circumstances. Surviving alone does not seem like a good life choice unless their are positive reasons for doing so.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living alone can be the best choice depending on circumstances. Surviving alone does not seem like a good life choice unless their are positive reasons for doing so.
I agree, but I don't think many people have that type of insight, at least not when it's applicable.

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here I just want to get suggestions about this question does anyone survive alone on a world? If you have any suggestion about it so you should must share with me and also with all because someone want to live alone here so I am doing this all for that.

I'd much rather be around animals than people.. People tend to get on my nerves...

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnet members are never alone HH

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my time alone but I couldn't do it if my family wasn't always there for me

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean coops!
The more I get to know people....................... the better I like animals. :laughing7:

Bob, I wish you and yours well and strength. You have a venting place here, for when you need. Good luck with all.

Newcatfish, I think the stark reality of it all, is something that is not seen by the "norm".
They'd have to look up from that cell phone, iphone thingy..... to notice.

For anyone doing or thinking of doing the "alone" thing, two movie shows come to mind.......
1. Into the Wild - true story - make sure you KNOW what you are eating!
Into the Wild (2007) - IMDb

2. Alone in the Wilderness - true story - Dick Proenneke takes simple tools into Alaska, hunts, fishes, builds cabin (and didn't even need Foxfire books, lol!)

I figure, much of it depends on your own head, the hows and whys of what your doing and your mind-set of it all. I guess like someone said earlier, there's loners and groupies. I'm a loner for the most part, but do enjoy good positive interactions with good positive people. One gotta be careful following the herds. When they start stampeding over the cliff, you need to be smart enough, to stop running with them. :laughing7:

I have that DVD on Dick Proenneke. Great great video. I like to imagine myself more like Jeremiah Johnson though. Going from one battle to the next :occasion18:

Unknown.jpeg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have that DVD on Dick Proenneke. Great great video. I like to imagine myself more like Jeremiah Johnson though. Going from one battle to the next :occasion18:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, Johnson was was probably the greatest loners of all time. After his 'wife' and boy were killed by renegade Indians, he survived thru many Indian ambuishes. His problem was that his reputation as a great loner and fighter vastly preceded him. Frank... 6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 765793

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread