Does anyone use a bounty hunter?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
learn how to id the tones as your machine rings up stuff -- listen very carefully--- and try to guess what it is before you dig it --so listen to your machine and learn what its trying so hard to tell you (mastering the sounds and combining it with the other "visual" info (clues) displayed can help you skip the junk while still getting the good stuff --thus increasing your productivity) ---if there is the least doubt however dig it . --- of course if its relics you seek all metal will drive the deepest but then you'll find "all metal" every pull tab and bit of junk there is --- use only the amount of discrimanation that you have to to keep the machine stable -- use too much and you'll lose some stuff -- however too little and you'll wind up digging up lots of junk -- in sandy saltwater beaches or in highly mineralized areas the machine may act up beeping all the time --to counteract this try lowering the power/ sen level and upping the disc level but only until it stabilizes enough to use --- good luck -----Ivan

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Congratulations on your first metal detector. Mine was a cheap toy version from Radio Shack.
It was a manual ground balance no motion detector with a meter. Left for ferrous,right for non-
ferrous targets. It taught me a lot about how metal detectors work, but it took a long time to
learn what ir was telling me. I then bought a Big Bud SE(Bounty Hunter), which I still use today.
I have owned a lot of machines from different manufacturers, but when I go to a trasy place,ballpark,school,picnic area, I take my Bounty Hunter. I now own five detectors,two are Bounty hunters. They are reliabe, good machines in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread