🥇 BANNER Does Coral beep? yes, when its full of coins!!!

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could'nt work out why this lump of coral (in 2 ft of water) at the beach kept "hitting"?

brought it home and it started to fall apart in my bag - WOW!!!

just need to identify them and work out how to save / clean them???

any ideas???

thanks!!

IMGP0469.JPG IMGP0470.JPG IMGP0471.JPG IMGP0472.JPG IMGP0473.JPG IMGP0474.JPG
IMGP0563.JPG IMGP0523.JPG IMGP0525.JPG IMGP0526.JPG IMGP0527.JPG IMGP0529.JPG IMGP0510.JPG
IMGP0505.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 57

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
If they are 2 Reales or Pistareens then they would be the size of a quarter.

Incredible find! That's the stuff that metal detecting dreams are made of! By the way, approximately what size are the coins? Ouarter, half, dollar?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
congrats on the amazing find. We all know you are now hooked for life on this amazing hobby!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find my only advice would be research about shipwrecks in area, but I wouldn't advertise your find as someone may have salvage rights on the wrecks and could sue you claiming that the coins are part of their salvage, maybe I am being paranoid but I trust few.

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find my only advice would be research about shipwrecks in area, but I wouldn't advertise your find as someone may have salvage rights on the wrecks and could sue you claiming that the coins are part of their salvage, maybe I am being paranoid but I trust few.

All wrecks here are public knowledge - known wrecks that is. No wrecks anywhere near this site - so could be an undiscovered one nearby??

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is such an awesome find I am so glad for you hopefully its just the beginning of many more such finds.

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
The big ones could be 8 reales...hopefully!!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A well deserved Banner find if I ever saw one.
Johnsas, the most important thing that you have here is the knowledge of where you found these at. I would be suprised if the Fisher Group doesn't contact you about an offer for some sort of partnership. Do not jump at the first offer my freind. If you wish to advance your search into the deeper water then post your intentions on the TN Shipwreck forum and sift through the offers you get. I would be interested in discussing this with you as well but there are several other well equiped companies on that forum that you may perfer to go with and I am totaly OK with that, what ever works best with you.
Remember this though, the real trouble with treasure begins when you find it (these words from Mel Fisher), so you may want to consider just selling of the info on the location and be happy with the profit.
Again Congrats on the Banner find, it is truly amazing I truly hope you find more and can keep it a secret site until you are ready to tell the world.
All the best,
ZDD

OP
OP
BVI Hunter

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A well deserved Banner find if I ever saw one.
Johnsas, the most important thing that you have here is the knowledge of where you found these at. I would be suprised if the Fisher Group doesn't contact you about an offer for some sort of partnership. Do not jump at the first offer my freind. If you wish to advance your search into the deeper water then post your intentions on the TN Shipwreck forum and sift through the offers you get. I would be interested in discussing this with you as well but there are several other well equiped companies on that forum that you may perfer to go with and I am totaly OK with that, what ever works best with you.
Remember this though, the real trouble with treasure begins when you find it (these words from Mel Fisher), so you may want to consider just selling of the info on the location and be happy with the profit.
Again Congrats on the Banner find, it is truly amazing I truly hope you find more and can keep it a secret site until you are ready to tell the world.
All the best,
ZDD

Cool advice, and as a (very lucky) newbie, it is much appreciated!
I will keep this fantastic forum updated as to any progress, new finds, help needed etc.

Thanks again to everyone.

I may not have hit the jackpot - but in my little world I am over the moon! :occasion18:

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnsas said:
Cool advice, and as a (very lucky) newbie, it is much appreciated!
I will keep this fantastic forum updated as to any progress, new finds, help needed etc.

Thanks again to everyone.

I may not have hit the jackpot - but in my little world I am over the moon! :occasion18:

You have hit way more than the jackpot..... Memories and emotion are the true value of any find and yours will live long in the memory of everyone on this site.. Again .... Awesome find :)

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me tell you Johnsas that, that little find of yours would put a big smile on the most seasoned of treasure hunters. Congrats my friend.
ZDD

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Incredible find but I agree, op needs to be very careful. Doesn't the Spanish government like to steal treasure hunters finds?

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
favored papa said:
what a government steal from people, no way,

You obviously didn't see the news in Ireland this week lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread