Does Dowsing really work???

Ty

Oct 12, 2004
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's IDX, Custom Water Detector, White's Coinmaster, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing does not work for me... I have all kinds of non-electronic dowsing instruments. Some are store bought, some home-made, some with bait chambers, some without. No matter what I do, it simply don't work for me.

A little story that you might like. Many years ago, an older gentleman (I fit that description now) called me and wanted a two-box detector. I ordered it and called him to pick it up. Since he lived some 100+ miles away, it was a couple of days later that he came by for the detector.

After showing him how the detector worked, he invited me to walk out to his car. He was dressed in over-alls, dirty and had just come straight to my shop from work. His car was old, his wife and grand children were with him and didn't appear to be "rolling in money"...

He opened the trunk of the car and there, in addition to several non-electronic dowsing rods and an old conventional metal detector, there was a huge metal, locked trunk type box bolted to the floor of the trunk. Inside that "safe" were wooden boxes of gold and silver coins in every denomination. There were hundreds of gold coins, thousands of silver coins in some 6-8 boxes.

He told me he had found another cache and his detector would not detect it. He wanted the 2-box to detect this cache as he was absolutely sure it was there.

My point here being; it appeared that he didn't have money to buy all that loot, he sure as heck would not buy a 2-box detector just to say he owned one. I have no doubt that he actually FOUND all that loot (too much of it to have found a coin per hole with a detector, not to mention the hundreds of gold coins that most treasure hunters never find even one of)...

I cautioned him about showing all that loot. He assured me that I was one of very few folks who knew about the contents of his trunk. I never heard from him again.

The question I have; did he find all that loot through dowsing or did he find it with a detector through research and some luck??? Although dowsing don't work for me, I have to believe he found that loot with his home-made dowsing rods!!!

What do you think???

Ty

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
With Physical Dowsing in the field there are quite a number of physical (laws of physics) restrictions that can prevent a person from Dowsing successfully. Learning and understanding the limitations of physical Dowsing contribute to the success of Dowsing and locating objects in the field.

I have spent a lot of time learning what rules ( laws of physics ???????? ) apply? to Physical Dowsing as there is little or no information out there. I tried a method from a post on the forum and it worked for me. Now I have to practice and practice it to learn if it was a physical reaction or a mental reaction......Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread