Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Yes, you get to know what the metal detector is saying, a Zen sort of thing. I'm being serious.

HH

R

robert roy

Actually, whenever your focus is totally on your "detecting," the "listening,"....when your "attention"
is focused on the "doing," and your not off thinking about what your going to have for dinner when you get home and your NOT thinking about how your going to make the car payment,... that in itself is a kind of meditation.

I am always amazed that many times while being so engrossed in the "detecting" I have just stopped what I was doing and walked over to another place, swung the detector and BINGO! I'd dig up a coin or something else.

Regards
Robert Roy

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always Medicated.

Oh you Said "Meditation" I think is one of the Benifits of Detecting By Yourself.
No Distractions, The World is Gone. Just you and the Hum of your Detector
and the Occasional Beep, Dig & Find.

Not that I don't Like hunting with others,
But once in awhile alone time detecting can be a big Benifit.

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
:P Medication for me too please(right next to my coffee).
God knows I'll need it when I finally make it out side with my toy. Coz I'll dig , no matter what the sound is!!!
You folks are awesome... thanks for all the tips and wisdom you share. ;DMags

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ah yes grasshopper... first you must listen to this and then take up you metal detector and swirl like a Hari Krishna, and then you are ready for the bowl of enlightenment from the detector gods... :D

R

robert roy

Oh, Medication. I'll have a hot buttered rum please!
Robert R

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
robert roy said:
Actually, whenever your focus is totally on your "detecting," the "listening,"....when your "attention"
is focused on the "doing," and your not off thinking about what your going to have for dinner when you get home and your NOT thinking about how your going to make the car payment,... that in itself is a kind of meditation.

I am always amazed that many times while being so engrossed in the "detecting" I have just stopped what I was doing and walked over to another place, swung the detector and BINGO! I'd dig up a coin or something else.

Regards
Robert Roy

I also find your attitude affects how you detect also. If you are in a bad mood or not feeling well, you brain transfers that to your detecting and you won't find much at all, because you are not concentrating on the sounds of the detector.

Bodyguard

Mar 11, 2007
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
BH Sharpshooter II
meditation used to help me in the past, but it seems to have lost its potential. I've had better luck just doing....
I guess that was ZEN and this is TAO. ;D

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes grass hopper.
with time and meditation you wil succeed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread