Does Minelab make FIRMWARE updates for their MD's (Equinox)?

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, i'm thinking about some of the things that people have complained about, nit picky items in some cases but easily fixable with a quick firmware update.
Does MINELAB do that kindof thing where you plug the EQ into your laptop and do a firmware update like you would a router or phone etc?

I'm looking for them to come out with a firmware update to alter something like (example) LIGHT BRIGHTNESS for the 600, change it to the same luminosity as the LOW brightness on the 800. The current default (and only) brightness on the 600 is way too bright for anyone to really use with ease.

I've had times when the 600 sounds go like 50% quieter for no apparent reason, then after the next new target, they bounce back to normal volume level. (Not 100% sure that its the EQ volume, or the EQ's sending of the Bluetooth signal, or possibly the Headphones, but i've heard others say this happens to them and they have different headphones). This would be another quick fix (if they identify it) that could be firmware updated.

Does that FIRMWARE UPDATE functionality exist?

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes it does,and no they haven't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread