Does Minelab understand the concept of Customer Service ?

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
EZrider said:
Minelabs are crap detectors.
Can you share your spots with me so i might find somthing with mine? :dontknow:
I don't think they are junk. My buddy has the excal and he gets targets where i cant even get a signal. I use a DFX. I've used Whites for over 20 years. I'd like to own a minelab excal but i cut the end off my right ring finger and I cant hold on to them. The DFX is nice and light, fits my arm and damaged hand and is one hell of a machine.

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gwdigger said:
EZrider said:
I don't think they are junk. My buddy has the excal and he gets targets where i cant even get a signal. I use a DFX. I've used Whites for over 20 years. I'd like to own a minelab excal but i cut the end off my right ring finger and I cant hold on to them. The DFX is nice and light, fits my arm and damaged hand and is one hell of a machine.

Gw it was a joke to an above post lol.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
EZrider said:
gwdigger said:
EZrider said:

If you would have took notice ...EZrider uses a E-Trac

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need to stop trying to sell people on Minelabs in general. Hunting a pounded out park that has never seen one is somthing to behold.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EZrider said:
We need to stop trying to sell people on Minelabs in general. Hunting a pounded out park that has never seen one is somthing to behold.

Minelabs are not any good when used on beaches or in parks.... :wink: Send me your old Minelabs....... ;D

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
EZrider said:
gwdigger said:
EZrider said:

lol, i'm as dense as a gold bar.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keppy said:
EZrider said:
gwdigger said:
EZrider said:

If you would have took notice ...EZrider uses a E-Trac
LOL, I didn't know what an etrac was until I just visited the minelab site. The only one I have ever seen in action is the exclal.

Ok minicab users, which is the best minelab detector for field hunting? I strictly hunt for pre colonial and colonial only. If its not at least 1750, it aint old. lol. It would need to be hip mounted due to my finger. Money isn't an issue, yet.

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
iv said it before and will say it again,,,,i wish no one but be owned a GT or Excal...wow it would be like hunting back in the 60's again..good loot every where!

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
LOL, I didn't know what an etrac was until I just visited the minelab site. The only one I have ever seen in action is the exclal.

Ok minicab users, which is the best minelab detector for field hunting?

Mr.....you cant get a better metal detector then the Minelab DFX...that is the one you need to stick with...the grip is right, the weight is right, the price is right, and the DFX is hands down the finest metal detector made by Minelab for the hunting your doing.....

Money isn't an issue, yet.

now...money is an issue for some of us...so we will continue to use the cheaper made lower quality etracs, se, gt, excall, and the gpx series of lower end detectors...

also....please post your local hunting sked...some of us would like to follow behind you and double check your holes and clean up in our spare time...

thanks again...

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
leefields said:

Ok minicab users, which is the best minelab detector for field hunting?

Mr.....you cant get a better metal detector then the Minelab DFX...that is the one you need to stick with...the grip is right, the weight is right, the price is right, and the DFX is hands down the finest metal detector made by Minelab for the hunting your doing.....

Money isn't an issue, yet.

now...money is an issue for some of us...so we will continue to use the cheaper made lower quality etracs, se, gt, excall, and the gpx series of lower end detectors...

also....please post your local hunting sked...some of us would like to follow behind you and double check your holes and clean up in our spare time...

thanks again...
There is generally nothing left to find when i leave. I put it all in my Chevy Dodge Ram. lol

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
My Minelab 705 is not working right now. I called Minelab yesterday morning to ask about sending it in for repairs. The very pleasant woman on the other end took some info from me and said that a "tech" or something like that would be calling me back. I am not real worried, yet, but I have not gotten my call back so far. All I want is information about sending the unit back for repairs.

I will call them again tomorrow.

VPR

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
My Minelab 705 is not working right now. I called Minelab yesterday morning to ask about sending it in for repairs. The very pleasant woman on the other end took some info from me and said that a "tech" or something like that would be calling me back. I am not real worried, yet, but I have not gotten my call back so far. All I want is information about sending the unit back for repairs.

VPR

If your wanting to talk to them, and you don't hear from them with in 24 hours I would call back......

If your sure your going to send it in, you do not need to talk to them ahead of time or need a ticket number, you just ship it to them...... I have sent mine to the Vegas address below, never talked to them ahead of time, I just shipped it insured with signed receipt or tracking slip and I always included a letter explaining the problems. If it is under warranty they will know by the serial number if you sent in the warranty card.

I shipped mine to................

Minelab USA Inc.
871 Grier Dr., Suite B1
Las Vegas, NV 89119 USA

Attention Repair......

If yours is used and you do not have a manual, here is a copy of the repair form.............

Service Repair Form
Owners Name
Address
Telephone Day ( ) Home ( )
Fax ( )
Email
Todays Date
Detector / Model
Serial Number
Purchased From
Purchase Date
Faulty Part(s)
Description of Fault
Please explain how we can replicate the problem in order to fix your detector.

Good luck, don't wait too long, every day you wait is that much longer before it returns....

Good luck.... :icon_thumright:

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
WHOA I am glad I found this topic.

Thank you for the post. I was all set to buy a Minelab XT705 but after hearing of the buyout of the compnay and the recent behavior since that time I will have to look over the other machines.

Okay, I want to nugget shoot and also to hunt the beaches. I would love a fully underwater machine just in case I get battered down by a wave. What are the suggestions folks.

I am set to spend up to $700 as that was the XT705 price.

Love to hear from all of you.

GN :coffee2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold_Needle said:
WHOA I am glad I found this topic.

Thank you for the post. I was all set to buy a Minelab XT705 but after hearing of the buyout of the compnay and the recent behavior since that time I will have to look over the other machines.

Okay, I want to nugget shoot and also to hunt the beaches. I would love a fully underwater machine just in case I get battered down by a wave. What are the suggestions folks.

I am set to spend up to $700 as that was the XT705 price.

Love to hear from all of you.

GN :coffee2:

The buy out is very old news. Minelab was bought by Codan over 2 years ago in Feb of 2008.

Codan designs and manufactures a diversified product range for international high frequency radio, satellite, military contracts and metal detection markets. They also supply TV broadcasting products to global markets and printed circuit boards for customers in Australia and New Zealand.

Codan has been using Plexus for their manufacturing needs for years, Plexus is a very well respected AMERICAN company in the manufacturing world, do a Google search on Plexus and see if you can find a singe negative link...They have won numerous awards including being ranked #10 in the world in 2008 and 2009 in EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services ). It is a Plexus plant that will be doing the work on Minelabs.

Plexus has manufacturing facilities all over the world, including one in Malaysia. Plexus is an AMERICAN company, the plant in Malaysia is a Plexus facility, overseen by Plexus.......

I own 2 Excals and 2 Sovereign GTs and would not hesitate for a second to buy another if the deal came along.....

Now with that said, good luck on what you buy..........The less competition from Minelabs in the water the better I like it :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:......

Fishtanks

Jan 21, 2010
Milton, Wi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 / Minelab Xterra 705
Hey guys, Just want to tell you about my recent purchase of a used Minelab X-terra 705 I purchased recently here on this site. Like I said I got a killer deal on a minelab X-terra and alot of extra goodies here on this site. I used it once and after I was done with the hunt I was packing up for the day. I was putting the detector in the trunk of my car when I heard a rattling noise coming out of the control box of my detector. I thought...... what could that be? I don't think there should be anything loose in the control box. So I decided to send it to Minelab, to have them take a look at it and fix it. It ended up still having a warranty because it was only 6 months old. I sent it in on March 29th 2010.
And I just got it back today, fixed and NO charge. Oh it turned out being a diode rolling around inside the control box. I didn't think it was a (too god aweful of a wait). I made sure that when I sent it to them, that the package had a tracking number so I knew when it arrived at Minelab. I can't wait to get out and use it some more.Happy hunting.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Treasure_Hunter said:
VERMONTPACKRAT said:

VPR

If your wanting to talk to them, and you don't hear from them with in 24 hours I would call back......

If your sure your going to send it in, you do not need to talk to them ahead of time or need a ticket number, you just ship it to them...... I have sent mine to the Vegas address below, never talked to them ahead of time, I just shipped it insured with signed receipt or tracking slip and I always included a letter explaining the problems. If it is under warranty they will know by the serial number if you sent in the warranty card.

Minelab USA Inc.
871 Grier Dr., Suite B1
Las Vegas, NV 89119 USA

Attention Repair......

If yours is used and you do not have a manual, here is a copy of the repair form.............

Service Repair Form
Owners Name
Address
Fax ( )
Email
Todays Date
Detector / Model
Serial Number
Purchased From
Purchase Date
Faulty Part(s)
Description of Fault

Good luck, don't wait too long, every day you wait is that much longer before it returns....

Call me crazy.......... I would prefer to talk to someone at Minelab before I just drop it in the mail. I dont want to end up with some $300.00 bill. If i send it in, can they tell me how much it will cost to fix, before they fix it.

I have questions that I would like to ask before I mail my beloved 705 away.
As I said. I am not too worried yet.

Thanks for the mailing address :thumbsup:

VPR

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
VERMONTPACKRAT said:

VPR

Minelab USA Inc.
871 Grier Dr., Suite B1
Las Vegas, NV 89119 USA

Attention Repair......

Service Repair Form
Owners Name
Address
Fax ( )
Email
Todays Date
Detector / Model
Serial Number
Purchased From
Purchase Date
Faulty Part(s)
Description of Fault

Call me crazy.......... I would prefer to talk to someone at Minelab before I just drop it in the mail. I dont want to end up with some $300.00 bill. If i send it in, can they tell me how much it will cost to fix, before they fix it.

I have questions that I would like to ask before I mail my beloved 705 away.
As I said. I am not too worried yet.

Thanks for the mailing address :thumbsup:

VPR

Yes, they call you with the repair cost and ask you how you want to pay for it first. If your nervous, then put in your note to them "Call me with the cost of the repair first"..

I have sent repairs in twice to Minelab, on both occasions they called me with the cost of the repairs first... I am only advising the longer you wait to send it in the longer the repair time is....Usually the closer it gets to summer and through fall the longer the repair time is.......

Fishtanks

Jan 21, 2010
Milton, Wi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 / Minelab Xterra 705
Before I sent mine in for repair the gal in customer service told me that thier repair times are alot better. And that my detector would be fixed with in a couple weeks. I'd say they were pretty darn close to their word.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
I called minelab yesterday for the second time. No call back yet.

Here is my question........... Last fall both "tabs" broke off my coil. There is a big gob of hot melt glue holding the coil on the lower shaft. I have the original box to the machine but the lower shaft with the glued on coil will not fit in the box.
Do they need my coil to see if the control box works correctly? I would say "NO". I dont want to just send in the upper shaft with the control box, only to have them say that they need "my" coil.

Simple question that I cant seem to get answered.

VPR

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes they do want the box and coil that is what i have been told by Minelab & Garrett .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread