Does Minelab understand the concept of Customer Service ?

MT Pockets said:
No one mentioned the fact that everytime that the Repair Tech has to call you or get on the phone to explain whats going on

" That takes away from the Bench Time"..

But, I did just notice while doing a search on eBay..under Minelab.....

Their's not much to choose from... Especially from sellers like the Big K... who usually have several machines listed... :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Something strange is going on...

Not one new Excal listed on eBay at all.. Maybe with the shortage of Gold Machines Across the Pond.. They are buying up All brands of Minelab...

You used to to Xterras E tracs, Sov GT's every make Listed on eBay.... But No more

I talked to Minelab today, and was told a small part of the problem is the demand for the gold machines, but also that they have made some changes which are causing a few short term problems, but will mean "wonderful long term results." "Really wonderful results!" was what I was told..... Sounds like there is something in the works. ;D

I was also told production problems should be behind them in a couple months at the most...

MT Pockets said:
I'm wondering what's New..... It had better not be a New Water machine.. Cause I just bought an Excal II..

2 weeks after buying my first Excal... the Excal II came out.. :BangHead:

Question is what took you so long to buy your first Excalibur.....LOL :laughing9:

minelab has allways been good to me and i love their detectors.ive had others underwater detectors. wont say its name which was nice but where you put the batterys in was made real cheeply and i feel minelad builds their detectors better and stronger.but on the other hand minelab has done some crazy things like this move.we the people have helped minelab and they have a business to run.i think they really dont think of the small guy at all and do whatever they want.this is so unfair to all of us minelab stock holders. we count on them,gave them our money in good faith and they dropped the ball. they could have said something and let us stock up and the dealers also.then we could at least have a chance.i see people selling coils on ebal for $1300 and thought it was a mistake.their are alot of us that are unhappy and we have waitted months for them. i feel this is really low of them,and it could have been pervented on most part.its to bad that a company that sells one of the best detectors treats its customers this way. its not the service dept ,it minelab higher ups. the service dept has allways treated me fairly. ive only delt with them like three times. once to add a water tight connection to my excalibur.minelab should make it up to all of us for their bad decition by making and giving its loyal people a break instead of highter prices on coils.give all who have machines on back order,or parts on order a break. thats what i say. have we helped them that much that that they can take three months off and not worry about sales.what kind of company can take months off,lose costomers and not worry about it. really think about it.they didnt even think ahead,and can take whatever time off they want to. do you really think their thinking of us.

Yes i see these used Minelab Excaliburs going for a crazy price if the buyer gets one and has to send it in for repairs he might as well bought a new one . I saw a used one go today for $1055.00 and no warranty these bidders are nuts.

Keppy said:
Yes i see these used Minelab Excaliburs going for a crazy price if the buyer gets one and has to send it in for repairs he might as well bought a new one . I saw a used one go today for $1055.00 and no warranty these bidders are nuts.

I have bought 3 used Excals over the last 3.5 years, I have only had to send one back for repair, sent it on two ocassions, once because the one side of the headphones stopped working, and once because I cracked the coil. I had it for almost 3 years before I had to send it it.....Even after sending that one in twice, I am still more then $400 under the cost of a new Excal on it......

New Excal comes with a one year warranty, if you buy a used Excalibur and it doesn't break down in a year, your ahead of the game money wise... The last Excal I bought, I bought for $475, put a used WOT coil and a custom straight shaft on it for a grand total of $600 invested, a new Excal goes for $1200.....

I have had 2 problems with Minelab in the 2 years that I have owned a Minelab. My machine would not function the way it was supposed to when I opened up the box. I called Minelab and they sent me a new 1 UPS that same day which arrived the next day. I went to Vegas 2 weeks ago and took my battery charger into the Headquarters because it stopped working and they apologized and handed me a new, no questions asked. I have found them to be very cooperative every time I have dealt with them.

PJ in WI said:
I have had 2 problems with Minelab in the 2 years that I have owned a Minelab. My machine would not function the way it was supposed to when I opened up the box. I called Minelab and they sent me a new 1 UPS that same day which arrived the next day. I went to Vegas 2 weeks ago and took my battery charger into the Headquarters because it stopped working and they apologized and handed me a new, no questions asked. I have found them to be very cooperative every time I have dealt with them.

:icon_thumright:

if they just handed you a battery no questions asked.thats great. but did you ask when the detectors are coming. if they had batterys their then you should have grabed a few new detectors and sold them on ebay. i would have bought one.im going crazy here waitting. but when i look at other detectors,they all have screens on them and look cheep.all ive used in the past is whites,minelab and fisher radio shack. whites were good to ok but some had to much stuff on them and fisher seemed to be made very well,like where the batterys go,and specking about batterys.i like the one you can recharge. i know these will be my last as far as detectors go,so i want everything right. the rings arent going anywhere,but boy am i tired of waitting

Frankie, you posted on 3 different boards at the same time that Kellyco had some Excals in, why did you not get one?

I was told by Minelab it would take several months for the shortage in some parts and detectors to work through. We would all like for everything to be available everytime we want it with out a problem, but it doesn't always work out that way.

There are times when problems arise and there are shortages in something, look at the Tesoro water detectors. They have had a problem for almost a year getting the waterproof connectors, but that doesn't make Tesoro a bad company. I work for a major Telcom company, we install Cisco T-1 routers, DSL routers and copper loops. There have been times when we were out of DSL routers because of manufactor issues and had none to install, even though there were contract orders placed for them, and new customers under contract waiting for them to be installed....

Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:

I have bought 3 used Excals over the last 3.5 years, I have only had to send one back for repair, sent it on two ocassions, once because the one side of the headphones stopped working, and once because I cracked the coil. I had it for almost 3 years before I had to send it it.....Even after sending that one in twice, I am still more then $400 under the cost of a new Excal on it......

New Excal comes with a one year warranty, if you buy a used Excalibur and it doesn't break down in a year, your ahead of the game money wise... The last Excal I bought, I bought for $475, put a used WOT coil and a custom straight shaft on it for a grand total of $600 invested, a new Excal goes for $1200.
Yes if i got a good used one for $600.00 give or take i would buy it. But to pay almost $1100.00 for a used one when you can get a new one for $1200.00 is plain nuts to me also

hawk-run said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:

New Excal comes with a one year warranty, if you buy a used Excalibur and it doesn't break down in a year, your ahead of the game money wise... The last Excal I bought, I bought for $475, put a used WOT coil and a custom straight shaft on it for a grand total of $600 invested, a new Excal goes for $1200.

Yes if i got a good used one for $600.00 give or take i would buy it. But to pay almost $1100.00 for a used one when you can get a new one for $1200.00 is plain nuts to me also

I totally agree with your there as far as my buying one like that, but someone else may have needed one bad for some reason.

Minelab has turned about. I see the new side and has made me want to open anothere bottle of premium Doeseki's fog.

This makes a most interesting man interestingly happy.
I was canoeing last week in Costa Rica on the great ocean with a premium beer in my left hand thinking, " This company is trying most hard to make a difference lately....I think I will buy a new Minelab for my next trip to Egypt. Stay tuned and,
Stay thirsty my friends.

Ferrari is known for notoriously poor customer service, too. Like owning a Minelab, it's worth it. :icon_sunny:

Well i guess i will be more normal i sit on my deck drinking a Miller and looking at my Dodge & cleaning my Minelab.

Attachments

• 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 418
  • zhaodpnet_02.gif
    zhaodpnet_02.gif
    182.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 407
  • zhaodpnet_02.gif
    zhaodpnet_02.gif
    182.5 KB · Views: 412
Wow, I read through this whole thread & was a lot of good points made.
I own Garrett & White detectors & have had no problems with any. I did send my GTI 2500 in for the new chip & turn around was about 2 weeks, from Canada to USA & back, now that's service I like. Phone calls to Garret were promptly answered.
I was considering buying the Minelab Etrac, but now having 2nd & 3rd thoughts about buying!
One thing I really believe is of utmost importance is good customer service, if a multi-million dollar company can't support the customer & show's little initiative to solve these important department service issues, then they aren't likely to get my business/ or reference!
Sorry folks, sounds like Minelabs are way over rated! ???
I will be looking at other options.
Thanks folks for all your honest inputs on this thread.

gemhunter said:
Sorry folks, sounds like Minelabs are way over rated! ???

Yes, Minelabs are over rated, buy something else...... Send me all of your tired over rated Minelabs, I will even pay for all the shipping for any over rated Excals, Sovereigns, E-Tracs, and GPX 4500s and promise to give them a good home with lots of love..:laughing9:

YEP>>>>>>Re: Does Minelab understand the concept of Customer Service ?

i bought a used, well used GT off ebay last week...i had seen pics and it was used by an old amish guy....and he actually used it to hunt with...after seeing page after page of his hunting finds books i told him he should donate some to the local historical groups..all said...

so i called minelab and asked how much for a new control box housing....she told me they were hard to come by now but would go check with the techs...on the phone...i have a new one what is your address...i said not so fast...how much...naaa...we will just send it to you...

3 days later UPS box .....brand new control box in bubble wrap AND and weather cover for the GT......YEAH>>>>>>

YES...minelab knows customer service..

Re: YEP>>>>>>Re: Does Minelab understand the concept of Customer Service ?

leefields said:
i bought a used, well used GT off ebay last week...i had seen pics and it was used by an old amish guy....and he actually used it to hunt with...after seeing page after page of his hunting finds books i told him he should donate some to the local historical groups..all said...

so i called minelab and asked how much for a new control box housing....she told me they were hard to come by now but would go check with the techs...on the phone...i have a new one what is your address...i said not so fast...how much...naaa...we will just send it to you...

3 days later UPS box .....brand new control box in bubble wrap AND and weather cover for the GT......YEAH>>>>>>

YES...minelab knows customer service..

:icon_thumright:

first of all let me say im a excal 2 user to me their is no other i was one of the first to get the excal 2 never had a bit of problems until i was leaving a beach in west palm decided to go across the street to get somthing to drink when i came back some one had busted my window out and my excal was gone went to kellico they didt have any so started calling around and found one over on the west coast got went out the next night and it was fine till the coil got wet then started falsing (i kn ow your saying sand in the cover nope)or turn the sence down nope all the way down still falseing bad right out of the box the only differance in the new machine was on the sence label they have put on where the sence should be when the machine is under water so i called the place hoping to exchange it for a differnt one but all they had were 8inch but they did refund my money and i bought the beachhunter id until they get more excals ya minelab is moving their company and servise is slow but im sure that as soon as they get setteled things will be back to normal

Minelabs are crap detectors.
Can you share your spots with me so i might find somthing with mine? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back