Does Tesoro do "tune-ups"?

hat_man

Sep 13, 2006
Sterling Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Does Tesoro do "tune-ups"?

I was wondering if anyone knew if Tesoro did anything like a tune-up on detectors. I purchased a used Cibola and really like it, but because my hunting time is very limited I want to make sure all is well with my detector. I have heard many good things about their service and support, but I would never expect them to do any work for free. I am willing to pay for whatever needs done (if anything) and for shipping. Especially since I am notthe original owner of this detector. Has anyone had any experience with something like this?

Thanks everyone.
Hat_man

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Does Tesoro do "tune-ups"?

Go to the Tesoro website and get their telephone number and give them a call. There's also e-mail addresses on site. They're good folks. No one here can give you a concrete answer; just educated guesses. I've personally witnessed some fantastic customer service acts Tesoro has given other owners, but my machines have never broken so I do not have a PERSONAL story to tell. ;D I HAVE heard of and read of more than one person buying a previously owned unit and getting repairs at no costs. It depends a whole lot on how the machine looks--ie, has it been mistreated and obviously abused, etc.

Good luck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ShortStack is 100% on the button with his suggestion. Teroso has one of the best customer sercice on the planet.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

I bought a used Tiger Shark and the second time I used it, I could not get rid of the "threshold tone" (that is what James at Tesoro called it). I called them to try to trouble shoot over the phone---no luck. James said to send it in to Rusty. Got it back in less than two weeks. Only thing I needed to pay for was to ship it out to them. Of course, each situation is different, but you can't lose by giving them a call.

I even called them up to see if I owed anything and James said "No, no charge".

OP
OP
H

hat_man

Sep 13, 2006
Sterling Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

Thanks everyone,
I had heard Tesoro was really good with their service. that;s the biggest reason I chose them. I did send an email out about a week ago, but I haven't heard back yet. I work 50+ miles from home and by the time I get here I believe they are already closed. I'll try and call them on my cell at break. thanks for all the help. This site and these forums are great. I'm hoping to meet more people from NW Illinois here and find time to actually go out and hunt places with them. I'm more of a hands on learner than a book learner, so actual human contact works much better for me than the online world. Take care and Happy Hunting.

Hat_man

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Tesoro is rock solid great in service. They'll even replace scratched boxes and beat-up parts. You'll have to pay for them but the price will be very reasonable.

Good thing to remember if you want to sell that old Bandito that's in perfect working order but got scratches one day while hunting the pucker bush.

All round, you can't beat Tesoro.

Badger

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

I have had 1 used Tesoro and 3 brand new Tesoro's that I bought from dealers. I have never had a lick of trouble with support on any of my machines and they were really quick turn arounds. Tesoro even replaced an old hockey puck style 4 inch coil I had used and abused with a brand new slimline coil. I was expecting to have to pay for at least a new cable since I had duck taped mine in many places, but they sent me the new light weight coil. Suprised the heck out of me. I love that company.

I have to send in my Tejon soon. I accidently "bumped" a tree with it when I had it strapped to the front of my ATV. The battery door broke off and the battery holder got lost :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread