Does this happen to you? Luck?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went through my collection yesterday, and was looking at war nickels. I noticed that I had plenty of 43, a few 42s and 45's, but no 44's.

I was thinking hm...I'd like to get a 44 to at least have one from every year.

Today open up a box of nickels, and there's a 44 nickel in a roll, all greenish and easy to spot.

The same has happened with dimes before.

I think to myself, I've found a lot of Roosies lately, but no Mercs.

Then I open the box...and find a Merc.

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes. Rarely though. Half dollar boxes it sure doesn't work on though, haha. I've been hunting them for months now and no 90%ers.

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a box of halfs and never had a Ben and when I saw the edge im like please be a Ben. And it was a 1950 Ben, very thrilled.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
It doesn't happen if he thinks about it on purpose but if he just happens to think "Hey I haven't gotten __________ in awhile" then usually he will find that particular coin that day or the next.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mrs.CRH said:
It doesn't happen if he thinks about it on purpose but if he just happens to think "Hey I haven't gotten __________ in awhile" then usually he will find that particular coin that day or the next.

I just sit there and say, "Here we are again, half dollar box. Don't let me down. I'm counting on you."

Then the box is like, "Surely you can't be serious."

And then I reply, "I am serious... And don't call me Shirley."

Then it disappoints me.

I should probably not have conversations with inanimate objects.

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
That is hilarious, Boris! I have conversations with mine too. Either I'm praising it if it's a good box & encouraging each roll to produce silver for me. Or I'm cursing it out like a sailor if it has a bunch of marked coins, bicentennials, 1974's (I see a TON of those stupid coins) or anything else I don't want to see. I don't know what it's saying back to me....I don't make up that side of the conversation HAHA!

Okie115

Apr 15, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen a lot of clad lately but no silver. <runs over to the box on the table> to be continued.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A couple times on tnet, I've commented on someones finds, like good job on the George 6 dime or Ben half dollar and then stated that I hadnt found one of those yet. Shortly thereafter I found them. Waiting on my first walker now. I haven't found one of those yet.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread