maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I take it you have never dumped there before? I talked to a WF branch a while back, I was told I could bring in 500 in coins ( and no more at a time) to the counter for cash. I always ask a branch exactly what I can and can't do before Ishow up with any dumps. Good luck, Maverick.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
Dang man. Why not use BoA?

I do I brang them the other half of the box 5 min earlier. Wells has been cool as long as its rolled. I just don't want to burden my good branches so I'm trying to get as big a network of banks as I can

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do I brang them the other half of the box 5 min earlier. Wells has been cool as long as its rolled. I just don't want to burden my good branches so I'm trying to get as big a network of banks as I can

OK, I see. In my experience there are some banks that will not want your coin and will make life difficult. I avoid them now, because one of the WF I used processed fees for dealing with coin that then went on to become monthly coin processing fees via treasury management. Best to leave the fussy banks be, IMO.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I see. In my experience there are some banks that will not want your coin and will make life difficult. I avoid them now, because one of the WF I used processed fees for dealing with coin that then went on to become monthly coin processing fees via treasury management. Best to leave the fussy banks be, IMO.

Yea, your probably right. It just kills me how this chick was lying straight to my face. I say ok, what's the most rolls you will take for cash? Answer:1........ What a joke. You bet your ass I made her cash me out for that 1roll though.......I asked her for her business card. She actually dumped my 1roll out and counted it. Her hands were very shaking like crazy. She handed me her business card with a coin lock bag....I said no thank you, took the card and didn't even touch the bag.

I think instead of complaining to corporate about its coin policy I think I may just get even by calling corporate and just telling them that I was very unhappy with there rude teller and poor service and this location. I'll just make sure I use her name but not mention what kind of transaction type I was doing. The teller doesn't know my name, she never asked me to slide my card so I ll just let her boss know how "good" of a job she's doing.......

kdawg

Greenie
Jul 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy said:
Yea, your probably right. It just kills me how this chick was lying straight to my face. I say ok, what's the most rolls you will take for cash? Answer:1........ What a joke. You bet your ass I made her cash me out for that 1roll though.......I asked her for her business card. She actually dumped my 1roll out and counted it. Her hands were very shaking like crazy. She handed me her business card with a coin lock bag....I said no thank you, took the card and didn't even touch the bag.

I think instead of complaining to corporate about its coin policy I think I may just get even by calling corporate and just telling them that I was very unhappy with there rude teller and poor service and this location. I'll just make sure I use her name but not mention what kind of transaction type I was doing. The teller doesn't know my name, she never asked me to slide my card so I ll just let her boss know how "good" of a job she's doing.......

Is it really worth getting someone fired over? They may have a family or something else going on.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's to bad we can't get great customer service 100% of the time. Most of the tellers I deal with do a great job, try to help me out as much as they can, and are friendly and likeable. Sometimes the dump bank tellers get a little cranky but it's understandable. They don't like changing bags and sometimes it just shows. But they do it and then say thank you, have a nice day. In fact, I can only think of one teller I really dislike, who is not at all helpful and just wants me to go away. I could see myself possibly throwing her under the bus under the right circumstances.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have an account with WF?

Maybe your approach needs some fine tuning? Never heard of a WF problem for dumping, some have mentioned fees for ordering.

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can definitely understand your frusteration. The reasons are simple.
#1. It's a bank. They handle MONEY. Half dollars ARE money. What's the problem?
#2. Declaring maximum coin deposits is crazy. If you treat ME that way, then you should treat EVERYONE that way.
and most importantly...
#3. It's your J O B to do that.

I'm a licensed HVAC contractor, and while I don't LIKE to go into someone's attic in the middle of summer, but I do... because it's MY JOB.

I wish I could sit in a chair in the air conditioning all day. I wouldn't have anything to complain about... even those pita bags of coins or 'heavy' boxes of halfs.

Mapman3

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
Rude people seem to becoming more the norm these days, in all customer service areas. So far all of my dump banks have been excellent. They run it through counter and cash on the spot, even had one yesterday take the bag off machine when I came in and put a box under it probably so they can look through it or sell to regulars looking for halves : ) Only one rude teller at bank I've never been to she refused to sell me 36 mwr but that's not a bad average.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh please, she not going to get fired, unless she has a bad track record, in which case she probably deserves it. I have never seen someone so committed to not helping a customer as this girl. She was giving me dirty looks the moment I walked into the bank. F THAT......

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes people may have bad days or may have a family to take care of but that doesn't mean they can or should get away with doing their job like crap or giving horrible customer service. If they cannot do their job or refuse to do it there are lots of people who are looking for a job & need it just as badly or worse than them who would be glad to lift a bag or box of coins so they could make a paycheck. If someone treated them like they are treating others when they are a customer you can bet they'd probably be the first to raise hell with management for being treated rotten. So why should their behavior be acceptable? I have bad days & I hate my job & the majority of my clients but I do the best job I can do & I still treat them with respect even when they're stupid & ridiculous...why? Because that is what my company is paying me to do & because I'm not a horrible person.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes people may have bad days or may have a family to take care of but that doesn't mean they can or should get away with doing their job like crap or giving horrible customer service. If they cannot do their job or refuse to do it there are lots of people who are looking for a job & need it just as badly or worse than them who would be glad to lift a bag or box of coins so they could make a paycheck. If someone treated them like they are treating others when they are a customer you can bet they'd probably be the first to raise hell with management for being treated rotten. So why should their behavior be acceptable? I have bad days & I hate my job & the majority of my clients but I do the best job I can do & I still treat them with respect even when they're stupid & ridiculous...why? Because that is what my company is paying me to do & because I'm not a horrible person.

Zactly!

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
More importantly... people who dump large amounts of coin are the EXCEPTION rather than the norm. Charging a customer to dump coin is absurd. Sure, it may cost a bank to get rid of the pounds of coin through Brinks or whatnot, but isn't that why most banks charge 'service fees' to people's accounts?
It's not like they aren't making money. If I deposit $100, they can loan out $1,000 now because of the leverage they have. Not only that, they collect interest on that as well. B!tching about how much it costs the bank to ship out all that coin, or even ordering all that coin is crazy. Maybe the banks will start charging higher fees and pay even less on a savings account because the electricity usage at the bank went up.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More importantly... people who dump large amounts of coin are the EXCEPTION rather than the norm. Charging a customer to dump coin is absurd. Sure, it may cost a bank to get rid of the pounds of coin through Brinks or whatnot, but isn't that why most banks charge 'service fees' to people's accounts?
It's not like they aren't making money. If I deposit $100, they can loan out $1,000 now because of the leverage they have. Not only that, they collect interest on that as well. B!tching about how much it costs the bank to ship out all that coin, or even ordering all that coin is crazy. Maybe the banks will start charging higher fees and pay even less on a savings account because the electricity usage at the bank went up.

It's truely sad how fat and lazy and entitled they become.......making billions on our money while paying cents in interest.... Then you cry when I bring in a few rolls of coin....Wow.......

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just make sure you find out what this particular branch's policy is when it comes to taking rolled coin. Unscrupulous customers will often intentionally short rolls or fill them with slugs, foreign coins, etc. Because of this, many banks are switching to a "no rolled coin" policy. It would be a shame to fire a complaint in against a "rude" teller when she was just doing what her superiors told her to do in the first place.

I've had this happen to me. Many years ago I worked at one of the major home improvement businesses selling appliances and electronics. During my tenure there, we had a big problem with a certain brand of TV. They were vert cheaply made and a piece of junk actually. At least 1 out of every 4 would get returned to the store within 3 months. Well, instead of just dropping that brand of TV as the store should have IMO, they decided to just simply no longer offer a refund/exchange policy on that particular TV. Customers were to be instructed to deal with the manufacturor directly for refund/replacement. I didn't agree with the policy, but being a lowly salesman all I could do is what I was told. Sure enough on the first day of the new policy a customer tries to return one of these junky TVs. I did as I was told and nicely explained to the customer what I was told to tell him. Of course he became irate. I was called every name that I had ever heard and a few I never had. I was threatened with all types of bodily harm, but somehow held my tongue. At his request I called in my supervisor who surprise, surprise exchanged the TV immediately. Within 2 weeks, this happened to me no less than 5 times, and every time the customer got a new TV making me look like an ass. Well, 3 of those customers complained about my "terrible" customer service. I was even called into the managers office about it and written up for "bad customer service." What could I have done? If I had exchanged the TVs, I would have been written up or maybe even fired. But yet I was written up for not exchanging the TVs. Definitely a no-win situation for me. I ended up putting in my 2 weeks notice shorthly thereafter.

There is nothing wrong with complaining about bad customer service. I just hope that you make sure you received it before complaining.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions