Does this look bent to you?

It depends on WHAT it is. In a case with Jewelry like we have here, yea a skilled jeweler would love to buy it and fix any damage, but that person is not willing to save a few bucks, he will pay a percentage of what it is worth, probably 50-70%. I have sold very few damaged pieces, but again it really depends on what the item is. Logically yea, a slightly damaged item will sell faster, just like a dented can at a grocery store (Where you get a few cents off). That is with items that are produced in more larger quanities than something like this.

Beachkid, what happened when the back fell out? This could help identify the quality of the cameo, as well as how it was constructed which could lead to a maker.

It was a solid piece of shell from what I could tell. I ended up selling the cameo for $69.99 and the gold piece for $74. In separate sales. Guess someone needed the parts.

Wow, you definitely made me eat my words, lol. Awesome sale man. I didn't think you would get that much for it. It is a shame that it had to be broken up, but that is the way of the world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back