Does your teenager have a data plan?

Does your teenager have a data plan on his/ her cell phone?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't know

• What's a data plan?

• Total voters
OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
werleibr said:
Like someone else said earlyer... You can also keep track of where they go better with simple apps that will brodcast where they are or have been.

But only if I have one too!

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Neil in West Jersey said:
werleibr said:
Like someone else said earlyer... You can also keep track of where they go better with simple apps that will brodcast where they are or have been.

But only if I have one too!

Nope, You can do it through a web browser. Some have it set up so you can view that way and intergrate with google maps or open maps.

S

stefen

Neil in West Jersey said:
My son turned 15 and is bugging me to upgrade his cell service to a data plan so he can use Facebook, etc on his phone. I tried to explain to him that it is a non-essential luxury and it is not necessary.

Of course he says all his friends have data plans.

What are your thoughts?

Where does it say in the 'Parents Operational Manual' you are responsible to maintain your son's lifestyle comparable to his friends?

Age 15 is a good time to get a part-time job and become responsible for his own personal needs...gasoline, junk food, clothes, protection, and data plans.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest setting up at the very least a good chore plan, or other objective if you do get him a data plan. At 15 he should be coming up with an educational goal, or career goal, or some shorter term goal. Does he know what he wants to be when he grows up? Does he know the educational requirements for reaching that goal?
I still say in most areas getting a job at 15 is near impossible unless you know someone and get him hired there. It is not too young however to start doing some community volunteer work, and honestly might help him build some reputation, higher up universities actually expect to see charitable work, group activities such as sports, or club involvement on your application.
These are all things you should be able to expect for your extra data plan bill. Pretty soon it's going to turn to the issue of the first car, and gas, and insurance.
I say if he is on a good path towards reaching goals then it is worth helping them out on the way. If they are on the wrong path <like I always was> Then the help they need isn't data plans, it's direction, and the distractions of Facebook and such won't help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread