Does your V do this?

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had my VX3 since November and I have been getting used to its "quirks". I traded out the coil for a D2.... I hate concentrics.

Anyway.... I notice that if I get in between two iron targets like nails... I get a sketchy high reading sometimes in the 90's. I guess its picking up both targets and giving me an "adjusted" reading. You find that as well?

I'm starting to wonder if I should get an elliptical DD coil... I wonder if this would improve target separation? Also flirting with SEF's new white coil... just dont know if I will have the same issue with it as the D2.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the d2 coil on my vx3 and love it. i get a lot of iron readings in the 90's but i get the sketchy high tones to go along with it. i have gotten some mix tones and readings that the iron was masking good targets. hope this helped.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Whites can "do" DD coils as well as some other companies. The white 10 x 12 SEF however is excellent. Many claim the original black SEF worked well but there has to be a reason they brought out the new version.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
come on Brain of the U.K, Hello, technology update, that's White's leading the pack....

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think iron gives off a halo and 2 close target seem to do that. I disc out all targets over 90 on mine and it quiets it a bit....not completely but some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread