Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow down...Everyone has advice but this same thread is made a couple times a month if not more.

I use a Garrett Pro Pointer as do 100's of others on here.

Look up some reviews and YouTube videos

OP
OP
Dillis

Dillis

Even if its junk, It's a find..
Mar 11, 2012
Fayetteville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT and Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the Garrett Pro Pointer is a good one ?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The garrett pro pointer has good depth but you need to keep the coil from your detector (if you use the MXT) away from the hole when pinpointing because they must be using a close frequency as the pinpointer will interfere with the MXT a little. It's not really a big problem just angle the coil away from the hole when you set the detector down to dig the target. HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally use the detectorpro uniprobe. Do a search on it and read the reviews. Not cheap but it is worth its weight in gold. Just the one heavy gold NYC police badge charm i fouud just using the uniprobe where i couldnt swing a detector paid for it.

OP
OP
Dillis

Dillis

Even if its junk, It's a find..
Mar 11, 2012
Fayetteville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT and Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ended up buying the Garrett Pro Pinpointer. Took it out today for the first time. It is an awesome addition to my tools of metal detecting. It was on the pricey side. But worth every penny. Works almost as good as the detector itself !

elk311

Jan 13, 2012
Kitsap, Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelabe Equinox 800, Whites Spectrum XLT (x2), Whites Coinmaster, Minelab XT18000, Compass Yukon 90B, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a Garrett Pro Pointer as do 100's of others on here.

Yup! Garret Pro is a very good unit. I used to use a Whites (original version) but the Garrett gives you more audio information at a great price. Comes with a holster too !

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that thing is cool. thanks G.A.P. metal

detectbug

Feb 16, 2010
I have a pin pointer from White and Garret, both good pen pointers, I think in the fifty dollar range, in less you get one on sale, I broke my Whites
my fault but needed one, when I was out and they are good about fixing there products, but I stoped at harbor fraight they had one for I think it was
17 dollars and sometimes they are on sale, I picked up a couple, they work good, they were made for looking for nails in trees before you cut with a chain
saw, but I find they work as good as the other penpointers I bought for a lot more money,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread