Doesn't Disappoint

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The little Injun teamed up great today with my F75DST. The first site that I hit was a large corner lot at a busy intersection. I sure thought that I'd load up with silver coins there, but all I was finding was cans slaw, pull tabs, some modern coins and one lonely wheat penny. It was time to move to a better location.

At the next site, a mid-fifties home, my very first audio signal that got turned out to be a 1941 Mercury dime. Man, I thought that I hit pay dirt and was going to load up with silver coins. I worked that site hard with both detectors and all that I managed to unearth that was silver was a small sterling ring. It was time to move to another site.

I decided to work some grassy areas between the curbs and sidewalks in a older part of town. It was one of those areas that kept you looking around all the time. I wasn't having too much fun, but I did find a 1904 V Nickel, before heading to a safer part of town.

I saw a nice stretch of grassy area between the curb and sidewalk that looked promising. I dug a few clad coins before getting an interesting VDI number and audio tone. The ID that I was getting was too high for a silver dime and too low for a clad quarter. I figured it could be either a silver ring or a Standing Liberty Quarter at best or a copper pipe fitting.

Lucky me it turned out to be a Standing Liberty Quarter, my second one for the year. It's time to head for the house and rest up for another hunt.

On my way home I went by the first place that I detected and saw that there was a car accident involving 2 cars. One of the cars ended up on the lot were I was detecting earlier. Timing is everything.

tabman

Attachments

• Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 001.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 001.JPG
    648.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 002.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 002.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 004.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 004.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 007.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 007.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 009.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 009.JPG
    655.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 014.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 014.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 019.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 019.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 024.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 024.JPG
    584.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 023.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 023.JPG
    426.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 011.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 011.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 30
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great day Tab! Found some silver and dodged an accident.
Glad you kept your Mojave safe. Lol

Noah
Thanks! I sure wouldn't want anything to happen to my little Injun.

The Tesoro Mojave is well worth the 250 bucks. It's separation in trash rivals some of the top in machines. A lot of people who start out with other digital machines have no clue what a good Tesoro can do. They see switches and knob and think it's probably junk but they hold their own and in some cases flat outperform. A good Tesoro like the Tejon, Bandido2 micromax, Mojave, Vaquero with the 5.75 concentric coil in a bed of square nails rules the roost so to say. Very few machines can match their ability in that scenario.
You sure know your Tesoro detectors! You also have a quite a list of other top dollar name brand detectors.

Im impressed with that video you did but kind of bummed the more expensive detectors didnt pick up that quarter. I thought for sure the at pro was going to squeek a little.
Thanks! Don't be bummed out, the AT Pro does other things very well. I've used the AT Pro a lot and always I thought all those grunt iron audio sounds meant it was doing its job. I didn't know it was missing silver coins next to the houses that I was detecting until I started using the Mojave. Pair your AT Pro up with the Mojave and you'll have a great combo. Use the AT Pro for depth out in the clean open areas and the Mojave in places that's loaded up with targets and nails.

Do you have any experience with the older tesoro ultra sabre? I have one i can borrow and mess with. I guess it has an interesting blanking feature as well.
No, I've not used one of those, but most Tesoro detectors work well.

That's a neat little machine. Wonder if the f75 would pick that quarter up with the 5inch coil. Or show up on the VDI in 1 tone 0 disc. With the stock coil. Been finding wayyyy more masked targets that way with mine just in the past few hunts. Places I've hunted a few times prior. I'd like to snatch one of these up. Looks light too for the wife. What kind of batteries does it take, and how many hours do they typically last using headphones?
Thanks! I tried different settings and got the same results. Get a couple 16p nails and quarter and try you own test. It uses a single 9 volt battery and should last 10 to 20 hours when using headphones. I really don't know because I use rechargeable batteries in all of my detectors. Trust me on this, the Mojave matches up well with the F75. Oh yeah, Wegund mentioned a small concentric search coil that would work well in that nail test. I forgot the name of it.:icon_scratch:

Nice finds Tabman.
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile.

tabman

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats tabman, looks like another successful hunt with lots of finds including silver.

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found some great coins and that ring is beautiful, I'd call that a super successful hunt! Glad you moved on before the car wreck!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found some great coins and that ring is beautiful, I'd call that a super successful hunt! Glad you moved on before the car wreck!
Thanks! That was an eerie feeling to see a wreck car setting where I was swinging my detector just a couple of hours earlier.

tabman

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it! I was already sold but the video you posted was the icing on the cake. About a month ago I asked you from a sales standpoint what does the Mojave have that the AT pro doesn't and you said it's just fun. I get what you mean. I'm just waiting for a gold ring and I'm saving my clad so I can pay for one because alas the wife won't allow it any other way because we are saving for a home. I'm totally itching for that machine! I can't let you have all the fun!!!

Question though, can you hear a difference in tones similar to that of the AT Pro where you can tell it's a bottlecap versus coin due to its scratchiness?

What does the tesoro have that the atpro does not? That model will not go under water or it is toast. It is a good starter model though at that price. I like beep macines with out screns you hunt faster and tesoro is aways light.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco has the stats. I believe its 2lbs and takes one 9v battery. Kellyco has it for $251 and get free shipping with promocode THEHOOVERBOYS. All caps.
Kellyco have no Mojave in stock, a long waiting list. I have mine elsewhere with free shipping.

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the tesoro have that the atpro does not? That model will not go under water or it is toast. It is a good starter model though at that price. I like beep macines with out screns you hunt faster and tesoro is aways light.

Which is a good starter? The AT Pro? And are you saying the pro can't go under water?

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I personally like the separation/discrimination the tesoro has. That thing would do wonders at trashy old sites. Only problem is the older the site, the deeper the coin? Usually I guess......
For $250.00, and lifetime warranty I don't see how one can go wrong! That AT is sweet though for an all around machine. Could buy two of those mojaves and a compradre for the price of the Garrett. I guess it all boils down to what the buyer wants.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure it is. Website says In Stock.

Being in stock and out of stock is off and on, it changes frequently. Presently there's not a large supply of Mojave detectors, because the demand is so high for them here in the USA. Also hundreds are being manufactured for the overseas market. I was one of the first customers, if not the very first customer to receive a Mojave, so I got a head start on having fun with mine before everyone else because I knew who call to get one super fast.

tabman

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this "Today's Finds" or an infomercial for the Tesoro Mojave? Pretty lame way to drum up business for yourself. You even included a promo code to order one from you, which shouldn't be allowed here. Give it a rest, dude.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Mojave Doesn't Disappoint

Well hold on to your hat, I'm going to be posting a lot more! The Today's Finds Forum is where you're suppose to post your finds! I do a lot of detecting with the Mojave because it's so much fun to use and it works really great!

Thanks! It's super fun to use.

Thanks! I had a ball today!

tabman
Then make your posts about your finds, this is not the Tesoro Forum, Title your threads in the Finds Forum about your finds, not about the Mojave.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this "Today's Finds" or an infomercial for the Tesoro Mojave? Pretty lame way to drum up business for yourself. You even included a promo code to order one from you, which shouldn't be allowed here. Give it a rest, dude.

Dude, do you not know what a joke is? When someone post, "Kellyco has it for $251 and get free shipping with promocode THEHOOVERBOYS. All caps." That is just way too funny, because all the forum sponsors are selling Mojave detectors for $251 with free shipping without any promo code.

Me saying that you can get the same deal with using the promo code 'tabman' is just a JOKE. :laughing7:

tabman

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, do you not know what a joke is? When someone post, "Kellyco has it for $251 and get free shipping with promocode THEHOOVERBOYS. All caps." That is just way too funny, because all the forum sponsors are selling Mojave detectors for $251 with free shipping without any promo code.

Me saying that you can get the same deal with using the promo code 'tabman' is just a JOKE. :laughing7:

tabman

0B94E957AFF540246689D3C55281FAE5F5D536C1

Tabman dont change anything. Your posts are fine.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not see a problem posting what machine you use for the finds you are getting. A lot of people want to know that. Tabman and I are friends and we knew the day the Mojave was announced and the specs on it that we had to order one. The second I read the stats on it, I called Tab immediately and we called Rusty shortly thereafter. We were lucky enough to get the first two before everyone else and it has not dissapointed. Just because we are excited about a machine and posting great finds doesn't mean we work for the company. I have several high end machines and am certainly not brand loyal. The Mojave flat out works and for 250 bucks how can you go wrong?. For those that have not used a Tesoro just go get you one and have fun. Tesoro means treasure and they find lots of it.

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice, I envy you guys that get all those old coins. Great work.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice, I envy you guys that get all those old coins. Great work.
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile.

tabman

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman dont change anything. Your posts are fine

Then make your posts about your finds, this is not the Tesoro Forum, Title your threads in the Finds Forum about your finds, not about the Mojave.

Guess they weren't fine!

.gif

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite the assortment of finds- love those SLQ's- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread